Bullnose Forums

300 sounds like a bucket of bolts at higher speed acceleration

You'll be fine w/o the belts for a minute or two. Take the front belt off and see if that kills the noise. Then the back belt if you still have the noise.

I don’t think I can remove the back one without moving the 2nd one. Basically If I take them all off the big thing I’m losing is alternator and water pump. Everything else is accessory right?

So running for 2 minutes will be ok on a cold start I’m gathering.

I don’t think I can remove the back one without moving the 2nd one. Basically If I take them all off the big thing I’m losing is alternator and water pump. Everything else is accessory right?

So running for 2 minutes will be ok on a cold start I’m gathering.

Yes, you can run for a couple of minutes on a cold start w/o the water pump. But keep it as brief as you can.

Yes, you can run for a couple of minutes on a cold start w/o the water pump. But keep it as brief as you can.

Got to taking all the belts off today. The noise ended up being the water pump pulley. It’s kind of a dull thump when turned by hand. I suppose it’s new water pump time? Any other alternatives?

Got to taking all the belts off today. The noise ended up being the water pump pulley. It’s kind of a dull thump when turned by hand. I suppose it’s new water pump time? Any other alternatives?

So it is actually the water pump itself? I’d replace it as that surely means the bearing is failing.