Bullnose Forums

First Aid Kit?

351Fun - Thanks. That one is similar to the one I have in my shop, which had been in my parents' motor home. But it is too big to go in the designated spot on Big Blue, and I really want it in a soft bag so I can squeeze it in.Bob - Thanks for the suggestions. I hadn't thought about flushing the eyes out, but a bottle of contact lens saline solution is an excellent idea for that. And I fully agree that a broken nail, or for that matter even a hang nail, can be annoying. And while I carry a Swiss Army knife which has scissors and a nail file, that isn't as good as nail clippers so they should be included.As for FIRST aid, you have a good point. And I'm trying to take that into consideration in my planning and purchase. I'm not a medic and I'm not trained to handle trauma - even though Scott and I sat through a seminar on the subject. So while I have a desire to have everything that I could ever need to-hand, I'm not sure that's a good idea.On the other hand, if/when we go overlanding we'll be in the back of beyond and may not even have a cell signal. However, I may well pop for a Garmin inReach when we go and that would give me the ability to send an SOS and get medical support in an emergency, so I probably don't need the serious trauma supplies.Hmmm... :nabble_thinking-26_orig:
Well, I've been trying to compare several of the first aid kits and I'm finding that this is fruitless. Wow, what an apt statement as it is like comparing apples to oranges as described by people speaking different languages! Every vendor uses different terminology to describe what's in their kit, and some of them, like Survivewear, give a very generic description.

But, I think I've gone far enough for me. I cannot see $130 difference between the Basic and Advanced MyFAK's. But, I do see quite a bit of difference between the Basic and the Adventure Kits Sportsman FAK.

So at this point in time I'm leaning towards the My Medic MyFAK Basic kit. Then I'll add some of the things we've discussed, like fingernail clippers. And things I see from the other kits, like Q-Tips and safety pins.

Thoughts?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've been trying to compare several of the first aid kits and I'm finding that this is fruitless. Wow, what an apt statement as it is like comparing apples to oranges as described by people speaking different languages! Every vendor uses different terminology to describe what's in their kit, and some of them, like Survivewear, give a very generic description.

But, I think I've gone far enough for me. I cannot see $130 difference between the Basic and Advanced MyFAK's. But, I do see quite a bit of difference between the Basic and the Adventure Kits Sportsman FAK.

So at this point in time I'm leaning towards the My Medic MyFAK Basic kit. Then I'll add some of the things we've discussed, like fingernail clippers. And things I see from the other kits, like Q-Tips and safety pins.

Thoughts?

Well, apparently y'all agree with me. So I ordered the My Medic Compact First Aid Kit - Survival + Camping + Backpacking + Auto Premium First Aid Kit - Basic - Red from Walmart 'cause they want $110 instead of the $120 from Amazon.59fafba7-7597-4037-a0ba-48ed512467aa.jpeg.944e4760eeeef80bb9ab2cc566f0ed2d.jpeg

Well, apparently y'all agree with me. So I ordered the My Medic Compact First Aid Kit - Survival + Camping + Backpacking + Auto Premium First Aid Kit - Basic - Red from Walmart 'cause they want $110 instead of the $120 from Amazon.

Got the MyFAK in today. And it fits perfectly where I wanted to put it:

FAK_26_Deflators_Behind_Seat.thumb.jpg.a132a4df6f68fd588ac679457cab46f7.jpg