Bullnose Forums

New Member and Glad To Be Here!

Hello all, I’ve enjoyed all the great info on this site (Ford Truck Enthusiasts member), since I’ve been redirected here many times from FTE site. I purchased a 1985 F150 in March (my dream truck) and started bringing him to daily driver status. It’s a 300 cu.in. 4 speed 4x4, long bed, maybe “Custom” but not sure.

Most if not all the emission parts had stopped working as designed long ago so I’m systematically removing/unplugging it. I’ve installed a one wire DUI distributor and immediately saw an improvement in smoother running. Next project is to install a new, nonfeedback carburetor & start to remove the unused wiring & vac lines to clean up the engine bay. Already removed smog pump.

I’ve replaced new exhaust from manifold back without the cat & installed beefier front springs to level front with factory added springs to the rear. I’ve done quite a bit to the interior but will add later. Thanks a bunch for the invaluable info I’ve already gotten from this awesome site.

Welcome to the forum! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Sounds like a wonderful project. Hope you'll start a thread in the main section to chronicle the progress you make on the truck.

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu above) and we can add you if we had a city/state or zip.