Bullnose Forum

1986 farm truck

Franknsr

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

But, you probably missed the email that Jim sent you asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then introduce yourself by starting a new thread in that folder. That is important as we hold everyone to the guidelines so want you to have a chance of reading them.

So, can you assure me you've read them?

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

But, you probably missed the email that Jim sent you asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then introduce yourself by starting a new thread in that folder. That is important as we hold everyone to the guidelines so want you to have a chance of reading them.

So, can you assure me you've read them?

Ha ha, you are spot on! In my haste to register and post I blew past that one. backtracking.....

Thanks

Ha ha, you are spot on! In my haste to register and post I blew past that one. backtracking.....

Thanks

Ok, you are now good to go.

On the carb, the only way to really determine which one you had is to determine the calibration code. In the menu above is a page at Documentation/Calibration Info & Part #'s. In there are pictures of a calibration label like the one that was originally on your engine, usually on the passenger's side valve cover. If you can find that we can determine exactly which carb it had.

If not, you can probably get close by going to the Application To Parts List tab on that page and finding the 1, 2, or 3 parts list #'s that might apply to your truck. With that I should be able to get the carb #.

Ok, you are now good to go.

On the carb, the only way to really determine which one you had is to determine the calibration code. In the menu above is a page at Documentation/Calibration Info & Part #'s. In there are pictures of a calibration label like the one that was originally on your engine, usually on the passenger's side valve cover. If you can find that we can determine exactly which carb it had.

If not, you can probably get close by going to the Application To Parts List tab on that page and finding the 1, 2, or 3 parts list #'s that might apply to your truck. With that I should be able to get the carb #.

Thanks for the info Gary. Finally had time to come back to this, of course, no sticker on the engine. Tracked my carb down to page 37 of the application to to parts list, but there is no page 37.

Think its time to do some more reading here then start hitting the junkyards to look for a pre '85 carb, distributor, module, and harness. I do have emissions testing in my area, but since it is an OBD based these and this is an 86, I think I'm exempt.If I'm wrong I'll need someone here to mail me a cake with a file in it.

Thanks for the info Gary. Finally had time to come back to this, of course, no sticker on the engine. Tracked my carb down to page 37 of the application to to parts list, but there is no page 37.

Think its time to do some more reading here then start hitting the junkyards to look for a pre '85 carb, distributor, module, and harness. I do have emissions testing in my area, but since it is an OBD based these and this is an 86, I think I'm exempt.If I'm wrong I'll need someone here to mail me a cake with a file in it.

Not sure whey you think there isn't a Pg 37 of the parts lists, because if I go to Documentation/CALIBRATION INFO & PART #'S and then the Parts Lists tab I find the page below. What am I missing?

Parts_List_Pg_37.thumb.jpg.151192a98d2c02551b0139487f01794c.jpg

Not sure whey you think there isn't a Pg 37 of the parts lists, because if I go to Documentation/CALIBRATION INFO & PART #'S and then the Parts Lists tab I find the page below. What am I missing?

Think that is the calibration guide. I was looking at the Model Application to Parts List Cross Reference Chart.

Turns out this truck is missing more than just the correct carb, so since there is little chance of collecting everything to make it "correct" I'll run down to the local junk yard as someone suggested and grab a complete Duraspark system off another truck. Screenshot_2021-07-29_at_9.png.309415be9075135cf71a1270ca6396de.png

Think that is the calibration guide. I was looking at the Model Application to Parts List Cross Reference Chart.

Turns out this truck is missing more than just the correct carb, so since there is little chance of collecting everything to make it "correct" I'll run down to the local junk yard as someone suggested and grab a complete Duraspark system off another truck.

If the truck is missing a number of things then you have a dilemma. You have to find basically all of the pieces to put it back to its original state or ditch the emissions and go with a DS-II ignition system and non-feedback carb.