Bullnose Forum

Need Help Testing TEST Forum

Some of y'all know that we are planning to move from the Nabble servers we are running on to AWS servers as soon as possible. At this point we think we have all of the issues sorted out save for one - the ability to log on.

Yep, that is a very serious problem, and one that may have a simple solution but that solution is eluding several of us. So I need your help testing to see what works and what doesn't.

The forum is the one in the menu above at New Bullnose Test Forum. And since it is a backup of this forum from a couple of weeks ago you should be able to log right on. But here's what I'm seeing, with "doesn't work" being where you present your ID & P/W, they appear to be accepted, and then the page that comes up shows you aren't logged in:

Windows 10:

• Chrome: Doesn't work, but had been on the computer for some time

• Edge: Doesn't work, but had been on the computer for some time

• Firefox: Does work, but this was a fresh installation

iPhone X:

• Safari: Doesn't work. (I said it did, but I was wrong.)

• Chrome: Doesn't work

• Edge: Doesn't work

Android 10:

• Firefox: Worked for Jim but not for Jonathan :nabble_anim_crazy:

So please test logging onto the TEST forum. Again, it should use your ID & P/W for this forum. But if you want to reset it the change will only be for the TEST forum, not this forum.

And when you reply please tell me what hardware and browser you are running on. I need to see if there is some commonality in what works.

Windows 10, Microsoft Edge - Doesn't work, at all. It has worked in the past few times you asked us to log in there.

Thanks, Shaun. But I'm really confused as no one else has reported that their ID & PW weren't accepted. Just that they are but then they aren't logged in.

Have you changed your password in the last two weeks? If not, how 'bout saying "Forgot" and going through the steps? Would only change it on the TEST forum.

Thanks, Shaun. But I'm really confused as no one else has reported that their ID & PW weren't accepted. Just that they are but then they aren't logged in.

Have you changed your password in the last two weeks? If not, how 'bout saying "Forgot" and going through the steps? Would only change it on the TEST forum.

I just logged in on my iPhone 11 via Chrome. I had some odd behavior, but I can’t say 100% it wasn’t bad typing of my password on my part:

Tried to log on, got incorrect password message.

Tried again, and didn’t get an error this time, main page of forum loaded. Tried to reply to a thread and it kicked me back to the login page.

Refreshed the site and tried to log in again, this time it worked and it showed my username at the top.

It almost seems like something is giddy in session storage or authentication?

When I do that, it won't even recognize my email. I even went back to the main forum, logged back in using the same email and my password and the main forum has no issue with my email, or my password.

Screenshot_2021-07-15_205922.jpg.3ae463378712720291b184786ea5387f.jpg

I just logged in on my iPhone 11 via Chrome. I had some odd behavior, but I can’t say 100% it wasn’t bad typing of my password on my part:

Tried to log on, got incorrect password message.

Tried again, and didn’t get an error this time, main page of forum loaded. Tried to reply to a thread and it kicked me back to the login page.

Refreshed the site and tried to log in again, this time it worked and it showed my username at the top.

It almost seems like something is giddy in session storage or authentication?

Chris - Thanks. By "refreshed the page" you mean you used the Refresh link in the upper right or the refresh circular arrow for the browser?

And, can you toggle from this, the production, forum to the TEST forum and back and have it showing you as logged in?

Yes, something seems bonkers. :nabble_anim_crazy:

When I do that, it won't even recognize my email. I even went back to the main forum, logged back in using the same email and my password and the main forum has no issue with my email, or my password.

Shaun - I guess it is worse to not be recognized than to be recognized but not able to log in? :nabble_smiley_cry:

You might try logging onto the TEST forum with this URL. That is the unembedded version and seems to work quite well for me and several others, so see if it recognizes you. Maybe we can figure out why you can't get in that way.

Screenshot_2021-07-15_205922.jpg.81bb958b49d3070bcb4910d59ccaaee3.jpg

I figured out the issue. I was trying to access the test forum through the below menu, and not the link you provided in your initial post. When I click the link in your initial post, I have the same symptoms you've been describing, where I login, but it doesn't say I logged in.

Screenshot_2021-07-15_205922.jpg.81bb958b49d3070bcb4910d59ccaaee3.jpg

I figured out the issue. I was trying to access the test forum through the below menu, and not the link you provided in your initial post. When I click the link in your initial post, I have the same symptoms you've been describing, where I login, but it doesn't say I logged in.

Wonderful! (I think?) At least we are on the same page and seem to have only one problem.