Bullnose Forums

Window Track Alignment

The passenger window gets stuck about halfway up. It appears the regulator arm is off and the window isn't going up the track the way it should, but I don't see any examples of how it should look anywhere so I thought I'd ask here before taking the driver side panel off to compare.

20210715_100520.thumb.jpg.f2941754f99d294301617874615dd2fe.jpg

20210715_100548.thumb.jpg.a555954eb3b5825c46db49abf2c13a01.jpg

I can't tell you much. On mine the pass window is great. Less used over the years. Drivers side will go a round or two, then stick. I release pressure and keep winding. It goes up eventually. Can you adjust the position of the window by hand to release whatever is stopping it?

I can't tell you much. On mine the pass window is great. Less used over the years. Drivers side will go a round or two, then stick. I release pressure and keep winding. It goes up eventually. Can you adjust the position of the window by hand to release whatever is stopping it?

I haven’t looked, but we have the shop manual section on this at Documentation/Body/WINDOW GLASS & MECHANISMS - GENERAL SERVICE.

I haven’t looked, but we have the shop manual section on this at Documentation/Body/WINDOW GLASS & MECHANISMS - GENERAL SERVICE.

Thanks. I had trouble following the shop manual for my specific problem, but I took the driver's side off so see how it was supposed to work. Turns out my track and regulator arm were somehow way out of whack. Unfortunately, I replaced the motor before figuring that out, thinking the gears were shot. Oh well, at least I shouldn't have to worry about the motor going out for a while lol.