Bullnose Forums

Where to buy: Rosewood (or similar) cruise/horn bars

Best offered.

My rosewood is shot on my cover so this is close enough. I can always try to refinish it later if I cared that much... At least it's not in literal cracked up chunks.

Edit- bought. Was able to haggle it down a bit... Other than the wood pattern (or lack thereof), that's a very close match to what's on there now (buttons are correct, bar shape is correct, and the logo is embossed).

Best offered.

My rosewood is shot on my cover so this is close enough. I can always try to refinish it later if I cared that much... At least it's not in literal cracked up chunks.

Edit- bought. Was able to haggle it down a bit... Other than the wood pattern (or lack thereof), that's a very close match to what's on there now (buttons are correct, bar shape is correct, and the logo is embossed).

Now you are all causing me problems!!!

One more beer and I’ll pull the trigger in that wheel..

:nabble_smiley_cry:

Now you are all causing me problems!!!

One more beer and I’ll pull the trigger in that wheel..

:nabble_smiley_cry:

Urgh… trigger pulled. It took one more sip not one more beer.

I now have more steering wheels on the shelf than in trucks..

Best offered.

Came in today.

Good news:

-Unit is in good (enough) cosmetic shape. Only broken piece is the silver trim ring around the coast/set switch (which I'm pretty sure I have intact on mine, requires dissecting the switch).

-The fake tan leather around the cruise buttons is all one tan plastic piece unlike mine (which is a black plastic under layer with a plastic wrap containing the rosewood finish, which is all falling apart).

Bad news:

-Took it apart... found chafed wiring on the cruise buttons. Will address while I have it in pieces.

Not digging the worn fake leather finish... since I doubt I can just buy a rosewood look-alike "wallpaper" to wrap things, what to do? Paint it brown and call it close enough? Or come up with a different color scheme for the rosewood in the rest of the interior? The only other rosewood I have is on the dash (instrument cluster and radio/HVAC bezel)... it's in OK shape, but not perfect (chips/flaws) and my truck isn't a show piece either. Maybe red or orange? Ideas welcome here...

Came in today.

Good news:

-Unit is in good (enough) cosmetic shape. Only broken piece is the silver trim ring around the coast/set switch (which I'm pretty sure I have intact on mine, requires dissecting the switch).

-The fake tan leather around the cruise buttons is all one tan plastic piece unlike mine (which is a black plastic under layer with a plastic wrap containing the rosewood finish, which is all falling apart).

Bad news:

-Took it apart... found chafed wiring on the cruise buttons. Will address while I have it in pieces.

Not digging the worn fake leather finish... since I doubt I can just buy a rosewood look-alike "wallpaper" to wrap things, what to do? Paint it brown and call it close enough? Or come up with a different color scheme for the rosewood in the rest of the interior? The only other rosewood I have is on the dash (instrument cluster and radio/HVAC bezel)... it's in OK shape, but not perfect (chips/flaws) and my truck isn't a show piece either. Maybe red or orange? Ideas welcome here...

Switch part swap complete. Do not recommend; the upper plastics are glued on and very fragile. was able to make it work, but it required breaking the lower plastics of my existing switches (buttons corroded, hence why I didn't just move them directly). Broke the upper too... but since I had both pieces, I was able to glue it all back together.