Bullnose Forums

Where to buy: Rosewood (or similar) cruise/horn bars

My Horn bar (rose wood with cruise) is in terrible shape (broken, chunks missing)... and some days something loose inside shorts out the horn switch, honking the horn as a turn the wheel!

I thought I saw that the could be found but the logo was a bit different. This still the case?

The rosewood ones in good shape go pretty high on eBay and the nos ones are often several hundred.

I haven't heard about a different logo but there is the van woodgrain or the later truck burlwood.

Some have had decent luck re-making rosewood with markers and stain.

There was also a discussion awhile back where a member was looking into hydro dipping or making pre-cut stickers.

When you say "similar" does that mean you are ok with something not rosewood?

The rosewood ones in good shape go pretty high on eBay and the nos ones are often several hundred.

I haven't heard about a different logo but there is the van woodgrain or the later truck burlwood.

Some have had decent luck re-making rosewood with markers and stain.

There was also a discussion awhile back where a member was looking into hydro dipping or making pre-cut stickers.

When you say "similar" does that mean you are ok with something not rosewood?

Honestly if push came to shove, I'd take anything that fits and has the cruise buttons. I'd take mine apart and try to fix it if wasn't already chunked out (was that way when I bought it two years ago, but has gotten worse). Maybe I will see if I can fix the switch and it will stay chunked out since I'm not doing a full show-truck restoration on it. Just annoying to have the horn go off without warning and not shut off until I yank on plunger just the right way to break the connection.

Logo wise, what I saw was on the logo having raised lettering or being flat. Mine is the former

Honestly if push came to shove, I'd take anything that fits and has the cruise buttons. I'd take mine apart and try to fix it if wasn't already chunked out (was that way when I bought it two years ago, but has gotten worse). Maybe I will see if I can fix the switch and it will stay chunked out since I'm not doing a full show-truck restoration on it. Just annoying to have the horn go off without warning and not shut off until I yank on plunger just the right way to break the connection.

Logo wise, what I saw was on the logo having raised lettering or being flat. Mine is the former

My bar looks like someone has worked on it in the past. It was missing a logo on the middle. I ordered this one from LMC for like $5. Shows that it isn't available currently. It is a stick on and doesn't fit perfectly but was better than nothing. THose bars always seem high to me, even used.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/steering-column-parts/fd-1980-86-steering-wheel-components

This is only photo I have showing it. Cloisonne kinda thing.

IMG_20210425_163126530.jpg.b8a9c6b38bb2866e98a847cbce15e039.jpg

These parts are getting very hard to find. The cruise horn pad and the radio bezel (with the cut outs for the clock/trip). I search every day for anything that is sensible and I have not found anything for months...

My local junk yard has not had any "new" bullnose trucks since winter.

It is getting real tough.

These parts are getting very hard to find. The cruise horn pad and the radio bezel (with the cut outs for the clock/trip). I search every day for anything that is sensible and I have not found anything for months...

My local junk yard has not had any "new" bullnose trucks since winter.

It is getting real tough.

Same here, I saw one wood grain NOS horn assembly on ebay 3 years ago. Its the correct part number for my '82 with cruise control I didnt buy it cause the guy wanted $650 for it and felt that was way too much. Now I wished I would have bought it cause its been the only one I seen and now all I see are non cruise ones.

Bezels the same way, Id love to buy new bezels for my truck but no one makes them anymore. I remember a post made a couple years ago about LMC looking to expand the product line up for our trucks but nothing since then. Someone needs to start doing something for some of these parts. I dont think the original molds exist though cause Dennis Carpenter has the original molds for the door panels so if they still existed for the bezels they would have been making them.

My bar looks like someone has worked on it in the past. It was missing a logo on the middle. I ordered this one from LMC for like $5. Shows that it isn't available currently. It is a stick on and doesn't fit perfectly but was better than nothing. THose bars always seem high to me, even used.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/steering-column-parts/fd-1980-86-steering-wheel-components

This is only photo I have showing it. Cloisonne kinda thing.

Sadly all they have are the non-cruise variety... I guess I could technically DIY cruise controls outside the wheel, but I'd prefer to keep it stock.

Guess I'll try to fix what I have... If not, well, hope I don't get road raged/pulled over for a randomly blaring horn...

Sadly all they have are the non-cruise variety... I guess I could technically DIY cruise controls outside the wheel, but I'd prefer to keep it stock.

Guess I'll try to fix what I have... If not, well, hope I don't get road raged/pulled over for a randomly blaring horn...

Took it apart yesterday. The leftomost spring perch broke off the horn bar and the spring was rattling loose. Reassembled with the spring removed and the leftmost section of the horn bar contact strip cut off... seems to work. Not ideal since I can't use my left thumb to honk any more... but better than having a randomly honking horn or one that honks if I brush the wheel the wrong way.

Took it apart yesterday. The leftomost spring perch broke off the horn bar and the spring was rattling loose. Reassembled with the spring removed and the leftmost section of the horn bar contact strip cut off... seems to work. Not ideal since I can't use my left thumb to honk any more... but better than having a randomly honking horn or one that honks if I brush the wheel the wrong way.

Well that's progress, and as Jim says progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good: