Bullnose Forum

AC Hoses

I purchased all new lines for my AC and two of the three (Suction Hose and Liquid Line) are not correct. I got these through AZ and they are exactly what Rock Auto lists for my truck as well. I recall this being a topic of much discussion some time back but am not able to locate it. Anyone familiar with this?

AC_Hoses.thumb.jpg.7622f12ca74b9fa959809c01ee9f1219.jpg

Brutus's AC is still blowing nice and cold here in the blazing Louisiana heat. If you need any help, give me a shout. Remember, only 80% r134a in the system.

Yep, that's the thread I was looking for! I even commented on it....lol! I have the manual shut off valve so from your research, looks like my needed suction line needs to be 55880 versus the 55875 that was ordered for me.

I seem to have no issues with the discharge line ordered for me.

The liquid line where it attaches to the condenser is where I'm having a small issue. I've taken pictures for better explanation, but essentially the old hose has a rotating connector and an adaptor. My new hose merely has protruding male threads. I guess I need to source some kind of adapter but I hate that. Thoughts?

Thanks George!

Liquid_Line_1.thumb.jpg.07bc59e0d2ad7a0b1a6f4f1e3657251a.jpg

Liquid_Line_2.thumb.jpg.bda5c3512e7d5537c43fd848430f0efb.jpg

Yep, that's the thread I was looking for! I even commented on it....lol! I have the manual shut off valve so from your research, looks like my needed suction line needs to be 55880 versus the 55875 that was ordered for me.

I seem to have no issues with the discharge line ordered for me.

The liquid line where it attaches to the condenser is where I'm having a small issue. I've taken pictures for better explanation, but essentially the old hose has a rotating connector and an adaptor. My new hose merely has protruding male threads. I guess I need to source some kind of adapter but I hate that. Thoughts?

Thanks George!

John. like i said above, something just made me come to the forum this morning. I really do miss you guys and have to make time. Things have just been crazy around here and is just one thing after another after another.

OK, i went down the road of trying to find an adaptor for the hose which i never was able to find, not to mention the fact that i wasn't exactly happy about yet another connection in an ac system. If you are able to, return the hose, or if you are like i was and waited to long, you are stuck with another hose. you want it, you can have Stereo, LOL.

If you want to get the correct hose, tell whoever is looking up the part, or if you are going to use rockauto. use 1984 F150 with 4.9. It is going to give you 2 options, choose the one that states

FOUR SEASONS 55782 {#19191653, 89001756, E4TZ19837B} Hose Assembly Info

w/o Orifice Tube; In Plant Charged System, w/o Manual Shut-Off Valve at Compressor

I've contacted 4 seasons several times about this, but obviously they never corrected the problem.

In all my years in car parts, this has to be the worst mistake i've ever seen, and believe me, there are many many mistakes

notice it says without oriffice tube, and no manual shut off valve at compressor. All Factory ac systems used an orifice tube after 82, and the liquid line has absolutely nothing do do with the valves at the compressor. Every liquid line for any Ford F series truck from 82 through 86 is the exact same, so is the evaperator and the copndensor, they are all the same.

If you decide to go the rout of trying to find an adaptor, I wish you luck and let me know if you do

just an added note, you know i did my entire system from brand new, the evap was a few years old, i found it on ebay years ago new old stock, i flushed it out just to play it safe.

When i oiled up the system, i used the oil that i used had ICE32 in it. I'm not sure if its the oil or not, but this ac blows colder then the ac in my crown vic and am not running any electric fans.

Let me know if you need anything