Bullnose Forums

1986 F350 AC wiring help.

That cut wire goes to the harness that you are missing. There's supposed to be a single blade connector (C228) at the end of the wire, and then the harness you're missing plugs into that connector.

That makes sense. That's what I was thinking. What is suppose to go on the left side prong on the resistor is where I am at now. And since this is actually 96 AC system I have to figure out the high side switch too.

That makes sense. That's what I was thinking. What is suppose to go on the left side prong on the resistor is where I am at now. And since this is actually 96 AC system I have to figure out the high side switch too.

Okay so I've pretty much figured out I will not be able to use the high side switch because I do not have an ECM to run it.

So I'll just have it setup like it was from factory with just the single clutch cycling switch on the accumulator/drier.

Then when I charge the system I'll have to monitor it for a while to make sure I don't have a risk of over pressuring the system. But I've had several r12 systems converted to r134a without issues and they only have the single clutch cycling switch. So, I don't see it being a major issue. If it ends up not being cool enough in the cab during the summer I may look into making a custom rear AC.

And I realized there is not suppose to be a prong on the left side on the upper connection. I've just about got it figured out.

Time to move onto other wiring and fuel lines so I can get this thing on the road.