Bullnose Forums

1986 F350 AC wiring help.

So I've got a 1986 F350 originally 6.9 C6. Previous owner removed those and didn't keep his promise of leaving all wires in place. I've swapped a 97 12v into and converted everything to AC from a 1996 F350.

My current dilemma is, I'm unable to locate the AC wiring harness or identify the correct wires.

Since the truck had AC from the factory I'm trying to use the basic factory controls and trying to avoid making a new harness.

If you've got or can take pictures, videos, or quality wiring harness diagrams you could share I would be much appreciated.

You've looked at the wiring diagrams in the EVTMs? Like this one from the 1985 EVTM?

I did look at that, but finding the wires in my truck has been the issue so far. Idk if they were completely pulled out or they're cut somewhere and I can't find the ends.

Gary, if he needs it Darth is converted to 1996 AC system and I have the 1996 EVTM.

So I've looked and looked and looked! Finally a friend who has a parts truck was able to look at his and apparently I'm missing the entire wiring harness for the AC.

I just have to find the wires in the loom that are correct for the AC now. So either another wiring diagram that I used was wrong or my wires aren't the correct colors.

Will still be happy to see more pictures. I'll be looking at it again tomorrow.

So I've looked and looked and looked! Finally a friend who has a parts truck was able to look at his and apparently I'm missing the entire wiring harness for the AC.

I just have to find the wires in the loom that are correct for the AC now. So either another wiring diagram that I used was wrong or my wires aren't the correct colors.

Will still be happy to see more pictures. I'll be looking at it again tomorrow.

I think I have a spare A/C harness I pulled from a 1986 with a 6.9 if you want me to take pictures of that.

I think I have a spare A/C harness I pulled from a 1986 with a 6.9 if you want me to take pictures of that.

Sorry, I didn't get to it today. I could have probably gotten pics under the hood, but after the chiropractor appointment I couldn't imagine crawling under the dash. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Sorry, I didn't get to it today. I could have probably gotten pics under the hood, but after the chiropractor appointment I couldn't imagine crawling under the dash. :nabble_smiley_scared:

I've found some parts of the wiring they were tucked up underneath the heater box and I wasn't able to see them trying to work on it in the dark. Now I understand most of it.Ijust need to know what else is suppose to connect right here. And yes I know it's melted. I'll be fixing that soon.

20210713_122933.jpg.f9ff42eeb63c2fa95ba85f88839020b4.jpg

I've found some parts of the wiring they were tucked up underneath the heater box and I wasn't able to see them trying to work on it in the dark. Now I understand most of it.Ijust need to know what else is suppose to connect right here. And yes I know it's melted. I'll be fixing that soon.

That cut wire goes to the harness that you are missing. There's supposed to be a single blade connector (C228) at the end of the wire, and then the harness you're missing plugs into that connector.

Screenshot_2021-07-13_211435.jpg.edf38169d17804548b64545f318fed47.jpg