Bullnose Forums

PMGR Starter

Good Morning Gents -

After a week's worth of rain, I can finally get back to working on my F150.

Today, I am hoping to install my PMGR starter. I am certain as to my connections to the fender mounted starter relay/solenoid. However, I am uncertain about the connections to the starter itself. Please review the attached photo and indicate if I am correct or incorrect about the placement of the #10 Starter Trigger Wire and the positive battery cable.

Also, please indicate if the starter as it is is fine or if any modifications must be done to it. PMGR_Starter.thumb.jpg.195c907d38c7e5509f65e9908adf8ea5.jpg

Thanks!!

I believe you are correct. The bottom terminal, which is big, is from the starter-mounted solenoid to the starter motor. The top big one must be the power coming in. And that leaves the little one for the trigger wire. :nabble_smiley_good:

I don't do anything with the bottom "big" one, correct?

Correct.

Thanks!

Waiting to receive a 2 gauge battery cable. Also have to fashion connections for some #10 wire. Will give this a go. May still have fuel issues, but this will hopefully resolve my starter issues.

Steve, I believe that is what I told you in an email last week. I have had a PMGR starter on Darth for probably 10 years.

Yes. Just checking myself to prevent errors. Doesn't hurt to revisit for certainties sake.

Yes. Just checking myself to prevent errors. Doesn't hurt to revisit for certainties sake.

I do recommend you remove the spade lug connection on the "Trigger Wire" connection supplied with your Starter. Another point of failure.

I suggest a terminal lug, crimped & soldered on your #10 wire for the "Trigger Wire" connection.

Those starter located spade lug connections can get corroded within a year in harsh environments, and not long after on a good day.

I do recommend you remove the spade lug connection on the "Trigger Wire" connection supplied with your Starter. Another point of failure.

I suggest a terminal lug, crimped & soldered on your #10 wire for the "Trigger Wire" connection.

Those starter located spade lug connections can get corroded within a year in harsh environments, and not long after on a good day.

Amen!