Bullnose Forums

Rear slider window trim/bezel question.

I like it. I was going to try and find some c-channel aluminum, paint it and silicon it to the glass…

I got the calipers out and the glass with the foam padding on there is 5.81mm thick. 1/4 = 6.35mm, and 3/16 is 4.78mm. I measured the glass as 3.2mm which is close to 1/8inch (3.18mm).

looks like the local lowes has 1/4 aluminum channel. Of course the website does not give all the dimensions so I will have to drive over there and look at it.

The next complication is with how the two sliders meet. the passenger side has a male interlocking piece and I assume the driver side would normally have a female recess.

Might be worth going back to the JY and poking around again...

I got the calipers out and the glass with the foam padding on there is 5.81mm thick. 1/4 = 6.35mm, and 3/16 is 4.78mm. I measured the glass as 3.2mm which is close to 1/8inch (3.18mm).

looks like the local lowes has 1/4 aluminum channel. Of course the website does not give all the dimensions so I will have to drive over there and look at it.

The next complication is with how the two sliders meet. the passenger side has a male interlocking piece and I assume the driver side would normally have a female recess.

Might be worth going back to the JY and poking around again...

Looks like the JY has a rear slider. I am going to look this afternoon.

This might be a good plan B via amazon

BAE1AEF7-C59C-4CDE-8275-4F33D799BF71.jpeg.f6662e173e74beb8c30557fd736b8b70.jpeg