Bullnose Forums

Rear slider window trim/bezel question.

On the rear sliding window, there are the metal bezels/trim that meet in the middle that the latch is fixed to.

I am missing one of the metal trim pieces on my truck, does anyone have any suggestions of where/how to source something like that? Local breakers are not much help right now - low inventory due to fires last season!

Junkyard/classifieds is the only option I know of. Very rarely do you see the weatherstripping pieces for factory sliders but I've never seen frame parts.

Thanks Scott. I appreciate the feedback, my worst fears co firmed.

I will just have to get a deal somewhere somehow on a JY one.

Thanks Scott. I appreciate the feedback, my worst fears co firmed.

I will just have to get a deal somewhere somehow on a JY one.

Would you be able to take a photo of your window and the area of the missing piece? There were a few sliders used (factory/aftermarket) so if someone is walking around the jy, it might help them keep an eye out.

Would you be able to take a photo of your window and the area of the missing piece? There were a few sliders used (factory/aftermarket) so if someone is walking around the jy, it might help them keep an eye out.

Great idea. When it sinks below 100F i will grab a couple of pics!

Junkyard/classifieds is the only option I know of. Very rarely do you see the weatherstripping pieces for factory sliders but I've never seen frame parts.

Ya, I was going to say it would easier to find a whole complete sliding rear window than individual parts there of.

Ya, I was going to say it would easier to find a whole complete sliding rear window than individual parts there of.

I know it’s a little crazy, I had the same issue, and I used a piece of an old aluminum storm window sash, went right into place. I used some clear silicone to hold the gasket and glass in place.

I know it’s a little crazy, I had the same issue, and I used a piece of an old aluminum storm window sash, went right into place. I used some clear silicone to hold the gasket and glass in place.

That's a clever approach David. Any photos?