Bullnose Forums

Interior restoration “How To” pt.1

Fantastic work, Randy. Great write-up too!!! I'm curious, as this being your first time to do something like this, where did you get your ideas and such. I'd be combing the internet for weeks before I started something like that....LOL!

Gary, we need to file this away somewhere before it gets lost. We really need a "How To" Section with things like this, comments removed.

John - How 'bout we put it in the Interior section? Start a new page called How To Recover Dash Covers & Door Panels. Meaning it would be in the menu as Documentation/Interior/How To Recover Dash Covers & Door Panels. (Don't look, it ain't there yet.)

Randy - Is that OK with you? I can do the work as you've provided all the text and pictures. But, the title of this says "pt. 1". When is pt. 2 coming and what does it cover?

John - How 'bout we put it in the Interior section? Start a new page called How To Recover Dash Covers & Door Panels. Meaning it would be in the menu as Documentation/Interior/How To Recover Dash Covers & Door Panels. (Don't look, it ain't there yet.)

Randy - Is that OK with you? I can do the work as you've provided all the text and pictures. But, the title of this says "pt. 1". When is pt. 2 coming and what does it cover?

Yes Gary that would be fine with me. I plan on doing part two sometime this coming week. I think in pt2 I’ll cover painting the plastics, including disassembling the gauges and painting those. Also what I did with the screws and such. I’ll will probably take me a few day to put it together as I didn’t take pictures of taking the gauges apart so I’ll need to get in the shed and document that process.

Yes Gary that would be fine with me. I plan on doing part two sometime this coming week. I think in pt2 I’ll cover painting the plastics, including disassembling the gauges and painting those. Also what I did with the screws and such. I’ll will probably take me a few day to put it together as I didn’t take pictures of taking the gauges apart so I’ll need to get in the shed and document that process.

I'll wait for Part 2 and see how to put them together. Thanks!

Fantastic work, Randy. Great write-up too!!! I'm curious, as this being your first time to do something like this, where did you get your ideas and such. I'd be combing the internet for weeks before I started something like that....LOL!

Gary, we need to file this away somewhere before it gets lost. We really need a "How To" Section with things like this, comments removed.

I actually did comb the ol’ interwebs but I couldn’t find anything like what I had in mind. Seems like most tutorials and how to videos were fiberglass or flocking. I didn’t like the look of either of those so I figured why not. Worst case scenario I could always fiberglass it if it didn’t turn out the way I wanted.