Bullnose Forums

Belden FSS manual conversion for 6.9 IDI

The information I found yesterday looking for any sort of manual all showed pumps without the solenoid so they would have a mechanical shutoff. Gary says we can't email through the site now, but I will give it a try and if it works will send you what I found. Maybe you can come up with a manual shutoff for one.

All my Roosamaster experience was one Ford 6.9L and one 7.3L and a number of GM 5.7L with a 6.2L turbo and a 6.2 and 6.5L non-turbo models.

Thank you for those docs. The fact that the FSS heats up if no fuel flowing thru it is quite the design flaw, eh? My son is planning too incorporate a small bleeder valve in the circuit to return fuel back and cool that FSS, which is up near $70 now.

I don't think it was here. I just searched the forum for "fuel" and "Belden" and the only hit was this thread. Sorry.

I too had searched but was unsure of my searching prowess here.

Thanks for clarifying.

It was in fact on FTE and the thread got bogged down quickly with a bunch of banter. But I finally found it.

Thank you for those docs. The fact that the FSS heats up if no fuel flowing thru it is quite the design flaw, eh? My son is planning too incorporate a small bleeder valve in the circuit to return fuel back and cool that FSS, which is up near $70 now.

As long as the engine's running there is a steady bleed off at the return elbow. If you leave the key on with the engine not running that would be when you have a problem. If it is a concern, use a NO oil pressure switch (Chrysler had one for the choke on the carbureted 1.7 and 2.2L engines) to feed the FSS, it will also be a safety shutdown if you lose oil pressure. Use the "I" terminal on a Ford starter relay to bypass it when cranking so you will have fuel immediately.

As long as the engine's running there is a steady bleed off at the return elbow. If you leave the key on with the engine not running that would be when you have a problem. If it is a concern, use a NO oil pressure switch (Chrysler had one for the choke on the carbureted 1.7 and 2.2L engines) to feed the FSS, it will also be a safety shutdown if you lose oil pressure. Use the "I" terminal on a Ford starter relay to bypass it when cranking so you will have fuel immediately.

That is an excellent tip. Kinda like a poor man's 7.3 HPOP setup.