Bullnose Forums

Brake problems

You don't have a signature telling us what your truck is so I can't look it up in the documentation. But you can: Documentation/Driveline/Brakes. Then go to the Rear Brakes tab and then the Rear Brakes Parts List tab. Find your truck in the first table, get the parts list #, and then go to that Parts List. It'll tell you what brakes you have.

However, the brake drums usually have the size stamped on them. You'll have to pull a wheel to find it if you want to check.

I am still trying to work on my profile, I am wanting to upload pictures of my truck and the slow transformation its going through.

I am still trying to work on my profile, I am wanting to upload pictures of my truck and the slow transformation its going through.

Your signature helps me help you, bunches. Thanks. And for pics, there's some info in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's about that.

If you look at the snippet below of Ford's Master Parts Catalog from our page on Brakes you can see that there are two F250's. One is what I call the F250 LD since the other is what Ford called the F250 HD. The LD didn't have a full floating rear axle and was more like a 5/8 than a 3/4 ton truck.

But yours has to be the HD version because they didn't put either the 460 or the diesel in the LD. So I've highlighted that you have 12 x 3" brakes.

Brake_Parts_Lists_-_F250HD_Highlighted.thumb.jpg.bcc87a617a6c9df957ac919b33b50a3f.jpg

Your signature helps me help you, bunches. Thanks. And for pics, there's some info in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's about that.

If you look at the snippet below of Ford's Master Parts Catalog from our page on Brakes you can see that there are two F250's. One is what I call the F250 LD since the other is what Ford called the F250 HD. The LD didn't have a full floating rear axle and was more like a 5/8 than a 3/4 ton truck.

But yours has to be the HD version because they didn't put either the 460 or the diesel in the LD. So I've highlighted that you have 12 x 3" brakes.

Ok that helps me substantially thank you! I am trying to get the truck fixed up. But like every project truck it takes a lot of time and money to get it done, especially when the wife tells you no all the time.