Bullnose Forums

Anyone used Baldwin filters before?

So my brother, fine fellow that he is, scored me a case of Baldwin B2 oil filters for cheap, just $2.44 each. He says they're good and I trust his judgement, but I'm curious if any of you have opinions one way or another on them.

I am amused by the IKEA-like pictogram instructions, although if I had never changed a filter before I'm not sure these would be sufficient for me to get the job done.

image0.thumb.jpeg.69c4c42fa6fc7754c983736a54ae6a48.jpeg

Ive used baldwin diesel fuel filters on my 68 Ford 3000 tractor before. Bit harder to find the last 4 years so I been using what I can get but baldwin is pretty good filters from what I hear for fuel filters and hydraulic filters. Not sure about oil filters though as I never used them before, I tend to stick with the filter that is the brand of the car, motorcraft, ac delco, ect.

I used to run Baldwin oil filters on a Nissan diesel pickup I had years ago. The Baldwin ones were double the size of the regular filters, and less expensive as well. That was years ago now...but I always thought they were good quality filters.

Never heard of them but looks like you need to pull out your winter mitten and avoid the urge to take a bite out of them!

Yeah, that was my interpretation of #6 as well. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Anyway, glad to hear that these seem to be generally well thought of - I've got a case of 12, which at my current oil change rate should last me to 2035 or so. I'll be sure to update this thread then with my results.

Yeah, that was my interpretation of #6 as well. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Anyway, glad to hear that these seem to be generally well thought of - I've got a case of 12, which at my current oil change rate should last me to 2035 or so. I'll be sure to update this thread then with my results.

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Glad you have confidence we'll still be around then. :nabble_smiley_wink:

You mean if you take a bite out of that filter, especially used, you may not be here in 2035?

If I’m gnawing on oil filters in 2035, I expect to be in an asylum somewhere with no internet access, at a minimum.

But if not, then I am prepared:

852B04B5-F80D-485F-A7D7-EEEC0693527B.png.0bec14a86b533ad67b91399f063d0332.png