Bullnose Forums

Fender flares

All,

Made the first 1500 miles with the new engine, all is running great on the 1982 Bronco, still struggling with some wiring issue's in regards to radio and wipers, that wont shut down when ignition switched off, but that will be resolved soon. As the Bronco has come to a complete project, started a new one with the 1969 Ford Ranchero, things are moving quick on this one, needed an engine, transmission etc, but found all of it, stripped, cleaned and sprayed, so just installed, only left to connect the wiring, DSII, and ready to fire up for summer.

As per subject, I was pulled off by our local law enforcement, mainly as I drove from the shop to the nearest gas station( again) without the seat belt on, as they drove a civilian car I did not notice until they pulled up behind me at the gas station. Anyway, they admired the car and what was done to it, but had some issue with the tires sticking out that far, I made them believe that the car was build like this, and passed all tests, and they took this for granted. We did had to do something to pass the tests, but they had no idea, so all went fine. But it would be better to have some proper fender flare, especially at front, as you only need to drive through a small puddle, and the entire care is covered all over the side. But as the front is sticking out more that the rear, I wonder if anyone know about a set that is made this way. Nicest would be to have 2 inch at front, and 1 inch in the rear, they are both a little more, but I dont want to end up like some Venezuelan Ford Explorer I once owned, where the tires are like 2 inch inside the fender flare.

I noticed some online, but they are mostly 3 inch or 3.5 inches all around, anyone any suggestions where to look?

Thanks in advance.

Fender_flare2.jpg.995804ca4f9ab9e9e72694f12b651446.jpgFender_flare3.jpg.52f961569ad3a792485dfea59457d7c7.jpgFender_flare4.jpg.a280e1a75e69deccd2ccc94eac25c1f3.jpgFender_flare1.jpg.fab9829b0724a749c0ea5d4d2fcec87b.jpgRanchero_project.jpg.eaa6920dc39c4ae767ba6384b43b8c25.jpgmotor.jpg.1c8d282fa43e1200370c094e97451c10.jpgBak_gespoten.jpg.7047d5831ccaa5dd644dff57dd969fbe.jpgmotor_ingebouwd.jpg.edaa2bfdf15093cd9643009e97c76518.jpgFender_flare7.jpg.5395fad84b31952230096ebd01dbc4c9.jpg

That's about how much the tires stick out on Big Blue, both in front and in the rear, so I understand what you mean about the entire truck being covered. But I don't know about fender flare sizes as I've not researched them, so I'm reading along with you to learn.

Anyway, glad the Bronco is doing so well! That's a really good feeling, I'm sure.

And the Ranchero looks great. It is coming together quickly. :nabble_smiley_good:

That's about how much the tires stick out on Big Blue, both in front and in the rear, so I understand what you mean about the entire truck being covered. But I don't know about fender flare sizes as I've not researched them, so I'm reading along with you to learn.

Anyway, glad the Bronco is doing so well! That's a really good feeling, I'm sure.

And the Ranchero looks great. It is coming together quickly. :nabble_smiley_good:

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Extend-A-Fender-Flares-Set-of-4-1980-86-Bronco-and-PU/productinfo/35722/

bus_20902-01_v2.thumb.jpg.f86ad3f656184875c48003b9315f9424.jpg

Thank you, I know about those flares, as I order about 99% of my parts through Broncograveyard, but was afraid that on the back the tires would be far inside kind of looking silly. Might not be to bad I realize, in regards to other flares I have found. Problem in Europe is, ordering is easy, paying the 100% duty on shipment and taxes, but if they don't look right, I am stuck with them.

Anyone bought those and have other pictures of them, looking from the back passed the side of the car.

Thanks

Thank you, I know about those flares, as I order about 99% of my parts through Broncograveyard, but was afraid that on the back the tires would be far inside kind of looking silly. Might not be to bad I realize, in regards to other flares I have found. Problem in Europe is, ordering is easy, paying the 100% duty on shipment and taxes, but if they don't look right, I am stuck with them.

Anyone bought those and have other pictures of them, looking from the back passed the side of the car.

Thanks

My f250 came with similar flares when I bought it and there is a lot of rust underneath them.

My f250 came with similar flares when I bought it and there is a lot of rust underneath them.

Do you think that was due to the flares or they used the flares to cover up the rust?

I ask because I have some rust started and have thought about the flares to hide some of it.

Do you think that was due to the flares or they used the flares to cover up the rust?

I ask because I have some rust started and have thought about the flares to hide some of it.

I use the Bushwacker flares on mine, lets me run 37" tall tires with the stock 250 suspension.

P_20200531_185042_1_1_1_9.jpg.ecab42b745f55293a43df6705afd094c.jpg