Bullnose Forums

Elyza Dual-little. 1985 F350 DRW

Gsmblue

The junkyard tilt steering column arrived a few mins ago. I immediately grabbed the multimeter and tested for continuity between the steering shaft and mounting bracket.

Good news, there is continuity! Plan is to install it tomorrow night. :nabble_anim_jump:

Excellent! Good luck!

Thanks to Gary’s advice i got my new fancy tilt column straightened out. I quick coat of paint and it is ready to go in!

I guess i should have a beer as the paint drys…

Got the new column in and “tacked” in place.

I can confirm the horn works when the engine is running and thanks to the tilt i am WAY more comfy in the drivers seat. Before the wheel was so low it was hard for me to get in.

Tomorrow i will tighten everything down and go for a joyride to homedepot..

Got the new column in and “tacked” in place.

I can confirm the horn works when the engine is running and thanks to the tilt i am WAY more comfy in the drivers seat. Before the wheel was so low it was hard for me to get in.

Tomorrow i will tighten everything down and go for a joyride to homedepot..

Congrat's! :nabble_anim_claps:

• 3 weeks later...

Congrat's! :nabble_anim_claps:

Elyza is driving great, so i am tackling the interior rehab.

All trim and headliner has been pulled out. Going to clean it all up, replace the headliner material and spray the panels. Need to seal some holes where after market wiring goes through the firewall and treat some surface rust in the driver footwell.

Hope the carpet arrives this week.

5974CD62-2628-4295-A8C5-8A654960C312.thumb.jpeg.f06bc9b8e171181d30f3987b3e130da8.jpeg

580AB5EC-E3E7-48E7-910F-766F9B7F1E5E.thumb.jpeg.1c21b43fb28a11a7563482028075ed27.jpeg

I have degreased the engine bay will tackle the fluids this week too…

Elyza is driving great, so i am tackling the interior rehab.

All trim and headliner has been pulled out. Going to clean it all up, replace the headliner material and spray the panels. Need to seal some holes where after market wiring goes through the firewall and treat some surface rust in the driver footwell.

Hope the carpet arrives this week.

I have degreased the engine bay will tackle the fluids this week too…

That’ll keep you busy!

That is a noble task! It'll look great when done. And you can take the whole family and half the house with you wherever you want to go. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well. That blend door was every bit a pain as I remember.

Made worse by forgetting to put the screw retainers on the top of the new hinge. Ended up sticking a couple of rivets in the wholes instead.

I have the dash almost completely apart and i can see now it has some cracks in it. I am tempted to go to the breakers and pick up another one and paint it..

While the dash is apart i am going to add the harness for the clock. And i am going to clean back there as best i can. Already found 15c and a bullet 🤣

Well. That blend door was every bit a pain as I remember.

Made worse by forgetting to put the screw retainers on the top of the new hinge. Ended up sticking a couple of rivets in the wholes instead.

I have the dash almost completely apart and i can see now it has some cracks in it. I am tempted to go to the breakers and pick up another one and paint it..

While the dash is apart i am going to add the harness for the clock. And i am going to clean back there as best i can. Already found 15c and a bullet 🤣

Yes, there's no joy working on the blend door in the truck. Even when you are done your hands will be bleeding. But, several years later my hands have healed and the door still works, so there's hope.

As for the cracks in the dash, are they visible? If not, can you reinforce them? I fear you may find the ones at the breakers cracked as well.

Yes, there's no joy working on the blend door in the truck. Even when you are done your hands will be bleeding. But, several years later my hands have healed and the door still works, so there's hope.

As for the cracks in the dash, are they visible? If not, can you reinforce them? I fear you may find the ones at the breakers cracked as well.

Some pics:

Blend door with 4 rivets is nice and secure..

2F1FA949-304F-4124-9EAC-E5E526DFDF10.thumb.jpeg.57bc459c42190ad4295440ce9a8845e1.jpeg

I actually have a complete spare dash. I will clean it up and paint it. This one has a dozen cracks

38FBED12-9FC6-46F6-8A3D-43BC3422F85E.jpeg.6105b31dc147d8df51b6920b9e5293bf.jpeg

Using a wirewheel to pull the foam off. Definitely an outside job! 25% done..

9E60CCA9-7B73-43BA-B851-50248637BF2D.jpeg.f2c8db169527be12d3240b0356fe9f30.jpeg