Bullnose Forums

Elyza Dual-little. 1985 F350 DRW

Gsmblue

I’ll get some better pictures this afternoon as I plan on assembling the rear door panels. Almost done with this interior and want to take some nice pics of all the work.

The dark blue from LMC that I have been using has an almost powdery appearance to me.

This extra coating is a satin finish. I think it looks better. I don’t think it would give any issues with glare. I really should do the b and c pillars. The a pillars are a pain to pull out so may leave those.

Looking forward to the pics. Hope it all goes together easily. :nabble_smiley_good:

Today the Color bond “dash protector” spray arrived. So i used it on all 4 door panels.

The best way to describe it is as a satin clearcoat.

I like the finish. I may now pull the B and C pillar trim…

Weather tomorrow and Sunday is looking promising to paint the hood… I recently did my snowmobile with a rattle can and it is boarderline acceptable. Definitely a 10ft paint job!

Take your time, get plenty of paint on it. You'll be fine. I sprayed a couple motorcycles with cans, they were very nice. Just a matter of getting enough paint on there.

My thought is when you think you have enough paint, put a couple more generous coats on it. Primer, paint, clear. Clear should be just about to run. It's your first line of defense.

Take your time, get plenty of paint on it. You'll be fine. I sprayed a couple motorcycles with cans, they were very nice. Just a matter of getting enough paint on there.

My thought is when you think you have enough paint, put a couple more generous coats on it. Primer, paint, clear. Clear should be just about to run. It's your first line of defense.

Thanks for the advice, I have 3 cans of paint and should only need 1. I have 2 cans of clear.

My day got away from me as i was spending time helping other people with stuff rather than working on my trucks, always the way!

I ended up getting one door put back together. It has sound deadening behind the panel and the window wiper felt has been riveted to the plastic panel.

This pic is interesting as you can see the slight sheen of the satin clear compared to the B pillar that has the paint only thanks to the flash. Not so visible in daylight.

0AB11F03-AD18-4430-99E9-31605E63B130.jpeg.37f799a7604c2920aef40b482f6a62f3.jpeg

Thanks for the advice, I have 3 cans of paint and should only need 1. I have 2 cans of clear.

My day got away from me as i was spending time helping other people with stuff rather than working on my trucks, always the way!

I ended up getting one door put back together. It has sound deadening behind the panel and the window wiper felt has been riveted to the plastic panel.

This pic is interesting as you can see the slight sheen of the satin clear compared to the B pillar that has the paint only thanks to the flash. Not so visible in daylight.

I understand how time gets away. But I'm sure the others appreciate your help, and you did get one door together. Looks good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Nice!

The door handle has these weird 45degree screw clips.

I found replacement rear armrests on eBay. One came complete with the angled clips but not the second one. I used square plastic clips for license plate and clipped them from behind (pointing towards the cabin). It is strong and the armrest is like new.

The door handle has these weird 45degree screw clips.

I found replacement rear armrests on eBay. One came complete with the angled clips but not the second one. I used square plastic clips for license plate and clipped them from behind (pointing towards the cabin). It is strong and the armrest is like new.

Thanks for the tip. I found some quick fasteners like the ones you use for speakers that fit well in the end.

So all put back together. Ash trays are in, door pockets are on, all doors have been sound deadened. Headliner is in. All new weather seals for the doors. The rear window seals are on back order.

The carpet is secured and seems to have taken the right shape.

New dash and stereo are all secured.

Floor mats in and front bench has been deep cleaned. I didn’t thin it was THAT bad, but it took over an hour.

The interior is done!

A part of me is relieved this part of the project is done. But now it means i need to get on with some mechanicals. The engine needs a rebuild/crate engine. The transfer case will not shift in to low and the 4 speed makes 3rd difficult some days.

So lots to do next year!

2C33D4D0-50C7-4C1B-A013-83DDD69071E3.thumb.jpeg.228c0b3ae4672dd5a17acebecd1b731d.jpegFD24A028-B9F9-4634-9DF5-CE42476E8D53.thumb.jpeg.eb8498a33e8bbee07046d05fc5d037b8.jpeg

Thanks for the tip. I found some quick fasteners like the ones you use for speakers that fit well in the end.

So all put back together. Ash trays are in, door pockets are on, all doors have been sound deadened. Headliner is in. All new weather seals for the doors. The rear window seals are on back order.

The carpet is secured and seems to have taken the right shape.

New dash and stereo are all secured.

Floor mats in and front bench has been deep cleaned. I didn’t thin it was THAT bad, but it took over an hour.

The interior is done!

A part of me is relieved this part of the project is done. But now it means i need to get on with some mechanicals. The engine needs a rebuild/crate engine. The transfer case will not shift in to low and the 4 speed makes 3rd difficult some days.

So lots to do next year!

More pics

B8267115-C266-4190-AC9B-EC9C6C515A8A.thumb.jpeg.12add0c1ee7297912cac67074fae72bb.jpeg

553891A5-086D-443A-827C-6FCDF603FC86.thumb.jpeg.d79834fef107484a469330943a8cad76.jpeg

FB221C1F-D68C-424B-A8DF-D4D19783E497.thumb.jpeg.9d8185f346d07946136600c654fffa18.jpeg