Bullnose Forums

Growing as a forum!

Yes, grandkids are fun. Mine are 11, 11, and 8, with the 11 & 11 ones being twins. I've taught those two a little bit about driving as I've put Big Blue in 4 Low and 2nd gear and let them putt putt around in a pasture and parking lot.

It is so much fun watching them grow and mature, and teaching them things that parents might not. :nabble_smiley_evil: For instance, last summer the twins and I were talking about things that burn and I told them that steel burns. They didn't believe me so we went to the shop:

Get a bag of puffy Cheetos, they burn like mad. Kinda makes you not want to eat them... 😟

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a bag of puffy Cheetos, they burn like mad. Kinda makes you not want to eat them... 😟

I guess I will chime in also. I seem to have missed this thread back when I found the site. I'm matt and I'm 55 years old. married for thirteen years "this time". five kids combined and third grandchild as of December.

former life was spent being self-employed doing air conditioning and remodeling in Nashville tn. for well over twenty years. I bought my first truck ever in Memphis back in 1991. an 86 sb 4x2 that I still drive today.

I have always thought the bullnose was the way a truck should look. but they were just trucks then. I started my business with that truck, taught all of the kids to drive in that truck and will continue if given the chance. since closing the business a few years ago, now I just fool with these trucks. doing frame off restorations and restomods and some repairs. currently holding an 81 82 83 84 86 86 93 then there are the regular cars. current build is the 83. i need to be honest though. the 84 is a custom bronco2. but the entire drivetrain is full sized :nabble_smiley_good: looking for trails to ride !

Nice idea!

I am Jean-François. For my English speaking friends, Jeff is OK.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

I'll hit 59 in couple of weeks. Time goes too fast!

I live in Quebec. Love this country and enjoy the nature, the snow, the lakes, boating, fishing, hunting, hiking and canoe downriver family trips.

I'm architect. After some years working for others, I decided to start my own business. Going from my basement, to a rental office, to my own building (built with some other partners). I'm now the senior of my 17 people office, including my 3 younger architects partners, all nice women.

I call them my Angels (guess who's Charlie?).

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Also gentleman farmer in my spare times. 27 years ago, we bought an old farm house with a barn, that we renovated, in which we raised our family. Own 3 horses and offer some horse boarding too.

I have 3 «Ferrari»: A daughter and two sons, who are aged 30, 26 and 21. All professionals, school almost ruined us but we are so proud of them!

Here we say "le coffre-fort ne suit pas le corbillard" (the safety won't follow the hearse).

About mechanic, I learned by myself the little knowledge that I have. Nobody in my family has a molecular interest to understand how things work.

My own dad thinks that the only thing cars need is gasoline. When I was young, he got a "mysterious" engine light in the dash. Guys at the garage checked the oil level... Seemed correct but very dark. Pulled out the pan plug and got just few drops. Unbolted the pan, and... SPLASH, a massive black jelly dropped on the floor! My dad was surprised to learn that oil has to be changed...

:nabble_smiley_thinking:

My family didn't have money, all the cars I was able to buy were old and needed lot of repairs. I bought books and learned (that was before internet and forum like this one). I drove '72 Beetle, '76 and '85 Renault 5.

I got Big Brother from my wife's father (who is as interested by mechanic as my own dad). He got it from an outfitter on Anticosti island. When I got Big Bro (for symbolic 1$), he was in bad shape. I decided to rejuvenate him in 2019, very proud about the result (although it cost me couple of bucks).

Not sure why, but I love this truck.

:nabble_smiley_beam:

Voilà!

My name is Adam.

I am 42 years old.

I bought my Bullnose from the original owner/good friend of mine. This is the first Bullnose I've ever owned.

I teach Technology and Engineering Education in High School. (Woodshop, Engineering, and Technical Drawing).

2 kids, wife, and a dog.

I'll hit 59 in couple of weeks. Time goes too fast!

I live in Quebec.

It sure does go fast! I just turned 51 last week. Married almost 25 years now. No kids, but have two Basset Hounds and a garage full of old Ford junk lol. Oh well, there are worse things to be addicted to.

I'm going to Quebec in a few weeks for meetings (Montreal of course). Looking forward to hitting Schwartz's or Dunn's? For a smoked meat sandwich.

I've been to Montreal many times, but I really enjoy the Gaspe Peninsula. It's very pretty out there. I have driven through a few times to Matane to catch the ferry to Baie-Comeau or Godbout. I have to travel up there with work sometimes, either to Port Cartier, or waaaay up to Fermont QC, and Lab City.

I don't even have a Bullnose anymore, like Gary lets me still hang out and I prefer the crowd here anyway;).

I'm going to Quebec in a few weeks for meetings (Montreal of course). Looking forward to hitting Schwartz's or Dunn's? For a smoked meat sandwich.

Cory, email me your dates, who knows, we could "meat" at Schwartz (ok, I admit, bad dad's joke).

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Hey, for us frenchies guys, meet or meat sounds the same, no?

Montreal isn't especially the next door, but I use to go "in town" couple of days per year. Only highways between here (Mont-Tremblant) and the Big City. 90 minutes of easy road (without snow storm).

:nabble_smiley_evil:

I've been to North Coast some times (Matane-Baie Comeau-Godbout ferry, Sept-Iles, Manic, Mingan, Havre Saint-Pierre, Natashquan, but never as North as you (Fairmont, Labrador City).

The "northest" I went was on the west side of Quebec, Radisson and LG-3 reservoir (53°38'N, Baie James). Wild and empty country... but so much nice fishing souvenirs!

Maybe looking forward to meet together!

:nabble_smiley_beam:

I didn't see this thread before, so I thought I would throw my hat in:

My name is Chris. I'm 42, and I think the term "Oregon Trail generation" works well for people my age. Depending on where you look, technically I am a Millennial but I roundly reject that label. If anything, I feel more kinship with the Gen X'ers. I was born kind of straddling the analog and digital worlds. I grew up with both computers and carburetors and record players, but I have first hand knowledge of using 4 MHz processors, 5 1/4" and 8" floppies (360 K), etc. I think that's why these trucks resonate for me as well.

I live in Ventura, California. Born and raised locally. I've been married for 19 years now to my lovely wife, and I have a son (16) and a daughter (13) that keep me happily busy. They are understanding of this project even though it is a mild obsession at this point...

I went to college and got an MS in Computer Science, and I work in the aviation sector for a company called Teledyne as a software engineer. I've seen the posts here about people working in digital imaging - a different business unit of Teledyne makes pretty fancy sensors especially in the microwave and infrared spectrum. I make software for these things called ARINC Data Loaders - they basically provide "Windows Update" for commercial aircraft that are essentially flying networks these days. I was originally an airplane geek before I got into computers in the mid-90s as a teenager - so I have a nice blend of the two worlds. I get to travel to some pretty neat places for troubleshooting, lab testing, and play around on aircraft and their systems.

I am working on restoring my Dad's 1984 F-150. He bought it new, I rode in it as a kid (in a car seat even!) and it was my first car when I was 16. I fixed it up (well, I thought I was doing good things but my wiser self would disagree now), and drove it for a few years but sold it. I found it and bought it back about 4 years ago now, and I am trying to get it back to stock condition as closely as possible. It still has the original motor (rebuilt) and transmission. I am also trying to get it ready for my son to drive, so it will be a 3rd generation truck. I would be lying to myself if I didn't say there was some sentimental value (my Dad passed away 17 years ago now), but I do appreciate these trucks for what they are as well.

I've been learning as I go - making some mistakes, learning the hard way, finding parts from all over the places, but lately I feel like most things are doable and I've been more confident diving into things and finding out that its pretty hard to really screw things up too badly. Just like in tech, it seems like the last 5% of a project takes the majority of the time. I am basically shaking out bugs (why is my life all bugs!?) and trying to get money together to get it painted the original color.

Thanks if you have read this far!

Since we're all posting, here's mine:

I'm Larry. I bought my 1984 F150 as a cheap project score back in July 2019 (back when these things were "cheap" :nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:), to go alongside my 1995 Ford Ranger. Since then, throughout many trials and tribulations, the 1984 is my primary daily driver. While the Ranger sips gas a lot less (especially with commuting across town to work), the F150 gets me compliments, while the Ranger gets me dumb looks and sneers :nabble_anim_blbl:!

I'm (as of this writing) 30 and married (no kids, but 3 cats). I live in Madison, IN, but have been all over the state in said 30 years of life. I'm a manufacturing engineer for a tier-1 Toyota supplier, specializing in body shell components (but also have dabbled in our other main product: exhaust systems). Pretty much every Toyota vehicle made in North America currently has at least one part made on equipment that I've had some impact on; one particular vehicle (with a specific body option) has as many as 14!

In the rare event (lately) that I have free time, it's spent on my trucks and working on computers and electronics among other hobbies. I'm also the AV operator for my church (among other roles within the congregation).

Since we're all posting, here's mine:

I'm Larry. I bought my 1984 F150 as a cheap project score back in July 2019 (back when these things were "cheap" :nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:), to go alongside my 1995 Ford Ranger. Since then, throughout many trials and tribulations, the 1984 is my primary daily driver. While the Ranger sips gas a lot less (especially with commuting across town to work), the F150 gets me compliments, while the Ranger gets me dumb looks and sneers :nabble_anim_blbl:!

I'm (as of this writing) 30 and married (no kids, but 3 cats). I live in Madison, IN, but have been all over the state in said 30 years of life. I'm a manufacturing engineer for a tier-1 Toyota supplier, specializing in body shell components (but also have dabbled in our other main product: exhaust systems). Pretty much every Toyota vehicle made in North America currently has at least one part made on equipment that I've had some impact on; one particular vehicle (with a specific body option) has as many as 14!

In the rare event (lately) that I have free time, it's spent on my trucks and working on computers and electronics among other hobbies. I'm also the AV operator for my church (among other roles within the congregation).

Names James. Or Jim, or Jimmy, really depends on the crowd I'm with. I'm 29 years old living between the Bay Area and Sacramento in CA. I'm an electrical controls and instrumentation tech, just an all-around plumbtrician. If it's industrial automation, I'm the troubleshooter. My last job I cut my teeth working on some significant infrastructure projects in the Bay. I have been working my dream job at a water plant for the last couple years and I'm going to stay here until it's time to retire. In a civil marriage for a year and a half now, we are having our Catholic marriage in June. No kids yet but we want 4 of 'em and want our first to be born next year.

I wasn't into cars until I was about 19. My dad restored a '59 Austin-Healey when I was younger but I was a lot more interested in video games. Had a few trucks and sporty cars here and there, nothing special. After parting with my 90 Ranger 4x4 I wanted a convertible 4x4 but I didn't want a Jeep or a Samurai. Somehow ended up with a 2000 4runner, didn't like it. Sold that and got my 82 Bronco when I was really looking for a 78-79, or a K5 Blazer. Now that I'm this deep into working on it, I finally "get it".

In my free time I exercise, hike, cook, and wrench on stuff. I'm not a good singer but I'm great at karaoke.

Names James. Or Jim, or Jimmy, really depends on the crowd I'm with. I'm 29 years old living between the Bay Area and Sacramento in CA. I'm an electrical controls and instrumentation tech, just an all-around plumbtrician. If it's industrial automation, I'm the troubleshooter. My last job I cut my teeth working on some significant infrastructure projects in the Bay. I have been working my dream job at a water plant for the last couple years and I'm going to stay here until it's time to retire. In a civil marriage for a year and a half now, we are having our Catholic marriage in June. No kids yet but we want 4 of 'em and want our first to be born next year.

I wasn't into cars until I was about 19. My dad restored a '59 Austin-Healey when I was younger but I was a lot more interested in video games. Had a few trucks and sporty cars here and there, nothing special. After parting with my 90 Ranger 4x4 I wanted a convertible 4x4 but I didn't want a Jeep or a Samurai. Somehow ended up with a 2000 4runner, didn't like it. Sold that and got my 82 Bronco when I was really looking for a 78-79, or a K5 Blazer. Now that I'm this deep into working on it, I finally "get it".

In my free time I exercise, hike, cook, and wrench on stuff. I'm not a good singer but I'm great at karaoke.

no one is great at karaoke!