Bullnose Forums

Project RedHead, 4x4 F250 sclb, farmer's field find

Wow. That's a huge difference. Another reason I like rural life. We even use a bond agent in adjacent Williamson County, which is going suburban now. I guess the low price I pay is fixed by Burnet County, where we live.

Thats what I suspected, I was waiting to have it done out of town I was content with just letting the car sit for the time being in the driveway blocked in with my truck. But someone filed a complaint with the city and they said I had to either prove it runs, get it registered, or remove it otherwise they will fine me $450 and haul the vehicle off as an abandoned vehicle.

I did escalate the situation a bit as I told the city worker that told me that, that if any of them tried to steal the car they would be treated as any other thief in my eyes. They didnt take too kindly to that threat like promise but I was upset that they were going to haul off my property as abandoned because it didnt meet their requirements to not be abandoned. They wont even let a cover be put on it, they had me pull the covers off two other vehicles which I told them no the first time. I could have started my 56 up, he asked me if it ran I said yes it runs, battery is currently dead it doesnt hold a charge more than a day but I can put the charger on it and start it right now. He quickly told me no it has to start on its own without me doing anything under the hood.

I wish I knew who filed the report cause that money I spent getting into compliance with the city on four vehicles three of which were under car covers, it put me back on getting my engine built for my truck. Now 2 years later I am just now at the point of finishing my engine if my builder up in Rhode island can get my short block shipped out.

But Im sure I made someone upset in the area cause they all are registered as antiques now and I got the cheapest insurance I could and dropped it after getting the antique registration done on it.

Not to be churlish, but it sure sounds to me like you'd be a happier man on a few acres out in unincorporated county. But make sure it's not an urban county like Harris or Travis.

We have a line of parts trucks that's about 75' long now. Nobody sees it but cattle and us.

Those Karens turning you in for your vehicles will have a tough time in what appears to be an increasingly difficult future. What will they do when the shelves are bare at HEB? Out here in the county, we can't eat our parts trucks, be we can and do take wild pig for our freezer every month or so. Never a meat shortage here. We drink our own well water and eat from the garden most of the year now.

I know all this is a bit OT, but it's a reason why we have Bullnoses and other OBS. Minimal electronics. For an IDI, you really have only the starter, GPR and FSS needed to run the truck. There's a cable kit out there for the FSS, and if your truck is a stick you can push start it.

Not to be churlish, but it sure sounds to me like you'd be a happier man on a few acres out in unincorporated county. But make sure it's not an urban county like Harris or Travis.

We have a line of parts trucks that's about 75' long now. Nobody sees it but cattle and us.

Those Karens turning you in for your vehicles will have a tough time in what appears to be an increasingly difficult future. What will they do when the shelves are bare at HEB? Out here in the county, we can't eat our parts trucks, be we can and do take wild pig for our freezer every month or so. Never a meat shortage here. We drink our own well water and eat from the garden most of the year now.

I know all this is a bit OT, but it's a reason why we have Bullnoses and other OBS. Minimal electronics. For an IDI, you really have only the starter, GPR and FSS needed to run the truck. There's a cable kit out there for the FSS, and if your truck is a stick you can push start it.

A guy here at work is titling a 64 Galaxie. He says he is going to use this site. https://cartitles.com/

Might want to see if they can help you get a title without bonding. I have no idea if it works or not.

The item next to the left fender in the 3rd picture is a cruise control servo. Since that is an IDI engine, the cable from the servo will (or should be) connected to the injection pump throttle lever.

What groups on FB do you mange? I am admin on two, 429/460 Fords and Ford Dually Trucks.

Thats my plan, I have some 5 acres of land out towards LaGrange that Ive been in the process of moving to for the last 7 years now. Every time I get some money saved up to start the building of the shop so I can start moving my stuff there and I get some big expense cropping up. First it was the engine in my truck then it was the lack of current registration on some of my vehicles which were either kept washed and clean or under a car cover out of sight.

But I would enjoy it better its just so much more laid back than anything else. Will just take some getting used to with most stores being closed at noon on sundays and at 3pm on saturdays.

The item next to the left fender in the 3rd picture is a cruise control servo. Since that is an IDI engine, the cable from the servo will (or should be) connected to the injection pump throttle lever.

What groups on FB do you mange? I am admin on two, 429/460 Fords and Ford Dually Trucks.

Thanks for the cc tip. I started three owner groups for trailers: Diamond C, PJ, and Big Tex.

Wow. That's a huge difference. Another reason I like rural life. We even use a bond agent in adjacent Williamson County, which is going suburban now. I guess the low price I pay is fixed by Burnet County, where we live.

Thats what I suspected, I was waiting to have it done out of town I was content with just letting the car sit for the time being in the driveway blocked in with my truck. But someone filed a complaint with the city and they said I had to either prove it runs, get it registered, or remove it otherwise they will fine me $450 and haul the vehicle off as an abandoned vehicle.

I did escalate the situation a bit as I told the city worker that told me that, that if any of them tried to steal the car they would be treated as any other thief in my eyes. They didnt take too kindly to that threat like promise but I was upset that they were going to haul off my property as abandoned because it didnt meet their requirements to not be abandoned. They wont even let a cover be put on it, they had me pull the covers off two other vehicles which I told them no the first time. I could have started my 56 up, he asked me if it ran I said yes it runs, battery is currently dead it doesnt hold a charge more than a day but I can put the charger on it and start it right now. He quickly told me no it has to start on its own without me doing anything under the hood.

I wish I knew who filed the report cause that money I spent getting into compliance with the city on four vehicles three of which were under car covers, it put me back on getting my engine built for my truck. Now 2 years later I am just now at the point of finishing my engine if my builder up in Rhode island can get my short block shipped out.

But Im sure I made someone upset in the area cause they all are registered as antiques now and I got the cheapest insurance I could and dropped it after getting the antique registration done on it.

One of my friends had that happen to him, He told the city "tell that nosey neighbor that complained if you show up again I'll park it in the front yard and plant flowers in it." Can't make you git rid of a flower planter. He never heard another word.