Bullnose Forums

Sweet Black F100 Stepside on Ebay

Now I am just confused.....is this a FORD guy selling a chevy?

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-chevy-c10-flareside-show/6588872311.html

A guy at work here calls them all "Hippy Trucks", and not because there may be a hippy behind the wheel, but because the trucks look like they have hips...lol.

I like them all, but I prefer the 80-86 Fords;).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I am just confused.....is this a FORD guy selling a chevy?

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-chevy-c10-flareside-show/6588872311.html

A guy at work here calls them all "Hippy Trucks", and not because there may be a hippy behind the wheel, but because the trucks look like they have hips...lol.

I like them all, but I prefer the 80-86 Fords;).

Wrong "wood kit" too.

ITs supposed to be a 3-panel Marine grade plywood. (didn't we just discuss this Cory?)

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Wrong "wood kit" too.

ITs supposed to be a 3-panel Marine grade plywood. (didn't we just discuss this Cory?)

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Wow this guy's truck is getting torn to shreds here....

edit: I was going to find a funny "torn to shreds" pic for that comment....my advice to you: Do not under any circumstance use google images to search "torn to shreds". I think I need counseling now.

Wow this guy's truck is getting torn to shreds here....

edit: I was going to find a funny "torn to shreds" pic for that comment....my advice to you: Do not under any circumstance use google images to search "torn to shreds". I think I need counseling now.

A little more subdued, perhaps!

https://iheartcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/4180899850_832f62c0e4_z-2.jpg

Wrong "wood kit" too.

Indeed we did!

I see also he did away with the factory tailgate latches and chains.

I am by no means a purist when it comes to keeping things stock, but I am kind of fond of those chains...in a nostalgia old school kind of way. I do understand one might not want them repeatedly smacking a fresh (and potentially expensive) paint job, but given the choice I'd leave 'em.

We all have different tastes of course, so I'm not faulting it.

And another thing...those transmissions that have the stick way back against the seat seem so odd to me. (The 3 speed w/ OD) I don't believe I have ever seen one of these in the flesh. Were they common? All I ever knew these trucks to have was the 3 on the tree or the 4spd with the bull low first gear.

Wrong "wood kit" too.

Indeed we did!

I see also he did away with the factory tailgate latches and chains.

I am by no means a purist when it comes to keeping things stock, but I am kind of fond of those chains...in a nostalgia old school kind of way. I do understand one might not want them repeatedly smacking a fresh (and potentially expensive) paint job, but given the choice I'd leave 'em.

We all have different tastes of course, so I'm not faulting it.

And another thing...those transmissions that have the stick way back against the seat seem so odd to me. (The 3 speed w/ OD) I don't believe I have ever seen one of these in the flesh. Were they common? All I ever knew these trucks to have was the 3 on the tree or the 4spd with the bull low first gear.

I love the nostalgia and look of the chains, but I'm thinking of doing away with mine. I hate the fact that they look like crap, chipped paint, etc, all associated with the chains. A simple inside latch would do away with that.

Maybe rare to find one in that condition, but a 300 six w/a manual tranny was run of the mill.

Ohhh, that hurt, Gary! :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Can a Chevy guy do a decent job restoring a Ford? :nabble_anim_blbl:

What about someone who owns a Chevy and a Dodge??? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Ooops, I did miss this, David. Sorry about the 300/manual tranny not being rare statement. :nabble_smiley_blush:

As for a Chevy guy restoring a Ford, I'm not sure if you are talking about me or John Keeline. I grew up a Chevy guy, but "saw the light" a few years ago. But I haven't been able to convert John - yet. However, he's doing an excellent job on the '72 F150 - that should be done for you to see at the show. Wow! It looks good! So, I guess a Chevy guy can restore a Ford.

But, just owning a Chevy and a Dodge doesn't condemn a guy, does it? I have my priorities right - lots of Ford trucks have taken precedent to the "off brands".

So, am I forgiven? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Maybe rare to find one in that condition, but a 300 six w/a manual tranny was run of the mill.

Ohhh, that hurt, Gary! :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Can a Chevy guy do a decent job restoring a Ford? :nabble_anim_blbl:

What about someone who owns a Chevy and a Dodge??? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Ooops, I did miss this, David. Sorry about the 300/manual tranny not being rare statement. :nabble_smiley_blush:

As for a Chevy guy restoring a Ford, I'm not sure if you are talking about me or John Keeline. I grew up a Chevy guy, but "saw the light" a few years ago. But I haven't been able to convert John - yet. However, he's doing an excellent job on the '72 F150 - that should be done for you to see at the show. Wow! It looks good! So, I guess a Chevy guy can restore a Ford.

But, just owning a Chevy and a Dodge doesn't condemn a guy, does it? I have my priorities right - lots of Ford trucks have taken precedent to the "off brands".

So, am I forgiven? :nabble_smiley_wink:

I've owned all kinds of brands. Chevy is my favorite for styling and the small block platform. There is a reason you see 350's in Fords, and rarely if ever a 302 or 351 in a chevy. I've never seen it done. I LOVE my Lincoln and LOVED my Mercury. I loved the 86 Bullnose even though it was a pile of junk and I built it on a tight budget.

Its all subjective. Chevy's remind me of my childhood, and simpler days. Thats why when I get into a chevy, I feel peace, it reminds me of dad and the things we did together. If we had done those things in a ford or Chrysler I am sure I would be more of a Ford or Chrysler guy.

The only reason I love these Bullnose trucks is because the FTE guys and Gary Lewis are such great guys, and a pleasure to hang out and talk with. If it were not for Gary and you guys and the others at the FTE site, I probably wouldn't be thinking about another Bullnose, even though I do like the styling.

I've owned all kinds of brands. Chevy is my favorite for styling and the small block platform. There is a reason you see 350's in Fords, and rarely if ever a 302 or 351 in a chevy. I've never seen it done. I LOVE my Lincoln and LOVED my Mercury. I loved the 86 Bullnose even though it was a pile of junk and I built it on a tight budget.

Its all subjective. Chevy's remind me of my childhood, and simpler days. Thats why when I get into a chevy, I feel peace, it reminds me of dad and the things we did together. If we had done those things in a ford or Chrysler I am sure I would be more of a Ford or Chrysler guy.

The only reason I love these Bullnose trucks is because the FTE guys and Gary Lewis are such great guys, and a pleasure to hang out and talk with. If it were not for Gary and you guys and the others at the FTE site, I probably wouldn't be thinking about another Bullnose, even though I do like the styling.

Today as I was running errands, I saw a black Flareside go by. Looked like this one. I was sure it was a Bullnose.

Couldn't catch up because of traffic. Finally saw it up ahead in the turn lane as we were stopped at a light.

As it made the turn I realized it was a late 60's Flareside. Very nice looking truck! (No chains)

Would have liked to have a closer look. Haven't seen it in town so hopefully it is from here.