Bullnose Forums

Sweet Black F100 Stepside on Ebay

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a rare truck. Maybe rare to find one in that condition, but a 300 six w/a manual tranny was run of the mill. And that price is high for what it is. Compare that to what Big Blackie went for.

Several things caught my eye and concern me. For instance, it is a frame-off restoration "from the cab back". That means he didn't address the cab mounts nor the radiator support mounts. And at least the radiator support mounts are known problems, so should have been checked out.

Also, the hood isn't correct for an '80. Perhaps it is the original hood and he removed the letters and filled in the holes. But the fact that it has the optional hood ornament, which is rare, makes me doubt that. I'm thinking he replaced the hood due to some problem he didn't mention. Collision? Fire?

Last, he isn't a Ford guy as he calls it a Stepside. That's a Chevy term. It's a Flareside. Can a Chevy guy do a decent job restoring a Ford? :nabble_anim_blbl:

Not really a rare truck. Maybe rare to find one in that condition, but a 300 six w/a manual tranny was run of the mill. And that price is high for what it is. Compare that to what Big Blackie went for.

Several things caught my eye and concern me. For instance, it is a frame-off restoration "from the cab back". That means he didn't address the cab mounts nor the radiator support mounts. And at least the radiator support mounts are known problems, so should have been checked out.

Also, the hood isn't correct for an '80. Perhaps it is the original hood and he removed the letters and filled in the holes. But the fact that it has the optional hood ornament, which is rare, makes me doubt that. I'm thinking he replaced the hood due to some problem he didn't mention. Collision? Fire?

Last, he isn't a Ford guy as he calls it a Stepside. That's a Chevy term. It's a Flareside. Can a Chevy guy do a decent job restoring a Ford? :nabble_anim_blbl:

Minor detail, but that isn’t a 1980 valve cover... I like the truck but it is overpriced.

Last, he isn't a Ford guy as he calls it a Stepside. That's a Chevy term. It's a Flareside.

I still have to concentrate to use the word Flareside...lol. Everybody always called them Stepsides, and a pretty good majority still do today.

Out of curiosity, what did Dodge call them?

Yeah, actually I paid no attention to the price, I saw the pics and started scanning. Yes, that is way over priced, especially in contrast to big blackie.

Oh, and I am sorry about confusing the Stepside vs. flareside term. Search Flareside on craigslist and see how many flaresides pop up in the results....you have to search stepside around here to find one.