Bullnose Forums

351w fuel pump studs

Hi guys, just curious if anyone can tell me if they've swapped out these studs with straight up bolts?

I'm replacing the fuel pump tomorrow and these nuts are seized on good to these studs so I'm going to just replace but I'm doubtful I'll find these specific studs locally. From what I read 3/8-16 should work but I'm curious about length mostly.

Previous owner also used silicon on the fuel pump so you can see these studs are completely gummed up.

PXL_20210602_0123221202.thumb.jpg.be9fab7b415f9cdb0fa861f256e0c3dd.jpg

I have used the bolts before and it works but I prefer the studs, as it helps better with the alignment when attempting to install. You may have to bump the engine a couple times to better position the eccentric.

Seems I got lucky with the eccentric positioning, went in first time, you're right about the positioning though! Studs would've made that entirely an easier job lining the pump up and not edging the gasket out of position. Got it fitted eventually.

⅜-16 1½" bolt with a split locking washer did the truck. All buttoned up and working again now.