Bullnose Forums

ammeter to volt meter questions

has anyone else used RCCInnovstions on your 80s truck?

how do you exactly wire it if you have the printed circuit cluster?

according to the instructions: “If your cluster has the printed circuit type instead of wires, simply fold the amp meter connections over onto each other and wrap them together with insulating tape. You may have to use a razor blade or knife to cut the printed circuit around the ammeter connections”

anyone happen to have pics?

E1288337-1299-4AA7-9C27-436B7C65F11B.jpeg.85e1e795589484f0c09223aaa4d26a41.jpeg

Yes, I'm running an RCCI voltmeter converted from an ammeter on Big Blue. But I didn't wire it the way the instructions say. Instead, I wired it as shown below.

The wiring already runs from near the starter relay to the ammeter. And I wanted battery voltage not in-cab voltage since the latter changes with whatever you have turned on in the cab. So I wanted to continue to use the Red/Orange wire that sends battery voltage to the ammeter.

But, you want to only turn the voltmeter on when the key is on, otherwise it is on all the time and pulling power from the battery when the truck is parked. So I put a relay in the ground side of the wiring, the Yellow/Light Green wire, and pulled it in using key-on power.

base-wiring-capture-ediited_orig.thumb.jpg.5b7d2060099e796aae722ab3d09f5759.jpg