Bullnose Forums

2021 Truck Show - Sept 4th. BE THERE!

Little late to reply, y'all. Sorry.

David - I look forward to meeting you!

Ratdude - I look forward to meeting you as well. However, there's a major difference between last year's virtual show and this year's in-person show. The in-person shows are for "Ford trucks", so your Ranger will fit in if that's what you want to bring. (But a Bullnose will be even better.)

Some year if the Bullnose attendance gets to be a major part of the show we might re-name it. But for now given the limited numbers we'll just make it for Ford trucks of all ages and ilks.

Of course I'll bring the '84, barring any show stopping mechanical issues between then and now. The joke was more that the only vote the Ranger received was for "ugliest" truck. The F150 at least got a few votes in other categories :nabble_smiley_happy:)

The Ranger is a project all in itself (and effectively has been since my senior year of college, when the Ranger before it was bought)... but I doubt my wife would want to caravan both ways!

Before any of you ask, last I checked the Ranger is too heavy to tow with the F150; it's stock weight is my towing allowance, and that's without the trailer or other addons! (the Trailer itself is indeed rated high enough, though!) Not to mention bringing two trucks (even if they are Ford) would be stacking the deck a bit?

Location?

Good question! Skiatook, OK. About 20 miles north of Tulsa.

Ouch. 1000 miles one way. At 12 mpg, that's about $250 in gas each way. Not to mention the 15 hrs drive time. It's all I can do to ride/drive to Memphis (about half way). It takes us about 10 hours to get to Memphis with stops. Have done that several times. Then I need a day or two rest. So it would take me a month to do that trip. LOL. I guess we'll pass on that and just enjoy vicariously.

Ouch. 1000 miles one way. At 12 mpg, that's about $250 in gas each way. Not to mention the 15 hrs drive time. It's all I can do to ride/drive to Memphis (about half way). It takes us about 10 hours to get to Memphis with stops. Have done that several times. Then I need a day or two rest. So it would take me a month to do that trip. LOL. I guess we'll pass on that and just enjoy vicariously.

Trust me, Randy. I understand.

We drove to Charleston, SC and then Palm Beach Gardens, FL a couple of months ago and I toyed with the idea of taking Big Blue. Luckily he wasn't ready 'cause on the first day when we got into serious traffic in Atlanta I was happy to be driving the little GLK. That thing handles like a sports car and has all kinds of zip. Big Blue would have been a pain - to drive as well as to put gas in.

• 1 month later...

Trust me, Randy. I understand.

We drove to Charleston, SC and then Palm Beach Gardens, FL a couple of months ago and I toyed with the idea of taking Big Blue. Luckily he wasn't ready 'cause on the first day when we got into serious traffic in Atlanta I was happy to be driving the little GLK. That thing handles like a sports car and has all kinds of zip. Big Blue would have been a pain - to drive as well as to put gas in.

The date of the Truck Show is getting closer! :nabble_anim_claps: