Bullnose Forums

1986 F250 Can't find a rear tank sending unit

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will add my $0.02 here, you have the hot fuel handling package. I found a Carquest replacement pump only. Everyone seems to show only the plastic rear tank which I have never even seen one. I am going to look, I may have a pump and sender left over from mine when I switched to MAF/SEFI.

Carquest (Advance) PN is: E2510428.

On RA it's SPECTRA PREMIUM FG114A {#E6UZ9H307H}. It has 4 terminal pins.

I sure hope this works!

I got the part from RA. It is almost identical, until you get to the fuel pump housing. The original sending unit holds the fuel pump at a 90 degree angle, straight down. The new one appears to be 10-15 degrees more angled outward.

20210604_084304.jpg.68c6440e0ffb324e79d6c2d3d8540e9f.jpg

Screenshot_20210604-084852_Gallery.jpg.7cceae7fc5e011ea3b0d46f9bd26358b.jpg

I got the part from RA. It is almost identical, until you get to the fuel pump housing. The original sending unit holds the fuel pump at a 90 degree angle, straight down. The new one appears to be 10-15 degrees more angled outward.

That’s close!

I would be tempted to bend the new one a little bit, but maybe better to leave well enough alone.

Proof is in the pudding!

Must be cliche day somewhere.

That’s close!

I would be tempted to bend the new one a little bit, but maybe better to leave well enough alone.

Proof is in the pudding!

Must be cliche day somewhere.

I am very tempted to bend it too! But I'll probably be too worried about it causing problems and not mess with it. Looks like I'll be keeping the old one and just replacing the fuel pump.

So when the rear sending unit fails one day, will I be able to replace the tank with a tank that is compatible with a sending unit that isn't impossible to find?

• 2 years later...

so 3 years later I'm looking for that same part... I tired typing in the same part # that you provided but it seems like they changed it and a different unit pops up. Does anyone know what sending unit is gonna fit the rear tank?

so 3 years later I'm looking for that same part... I tired typing in the same part # that you provided but it seems like they changed it and a different unit pops up. Does anyone know what sending unit is gonna fit the rear tank?

did you install the one that you got three years ago? if not, now might be the time. the truth is that ford is not making the parts for 40 year old trucks. the senders do not read the same ranges and the fit may not be 100%. if it does not interfere like hit the bottom then I don't see a real problem. myself, I would just "tune " it to my tank. a good pipe bending pr of pliers can be a great help.

did you install the one that you got three years ago? if not, now might be the time. the truth is that ford is not making the parts for 40 year old trucks. the senders do not read the same ranges and the fit may not be 100%. if it does not interfere like hit the bottom then I don't see a real problem. myself, I would just "tune " it to my tank. a good pipe bending pr of pliers can be a great help.

I might've confuse someone with the last sentence, lol. So it's not me who started the thread. I'm just in a similar situation like OP was 3 years ago but unfortunately for me rock out doesn't have that part anymore. I tried googling the part # with no luck. Ebay, LMC, RA don't have anything even similar to it. I'm located in Europe so I really need to be sure before ordering as the shipping usually costs more than the part itself and returning it is a real pain.