Bullnose Forums

List Of Connectors, Their Locations, Pinouts, etc?

I have MULTIPLE questions so will post at least two times with the questions.

First, I'm not sure what you mean by "diagram numbers", Scott. I think "diagram" is the same as "page" & "figure"? If so, then is something like this what you mean?

The downside of this, apart from being difficult to get into a spreadsheet, is that it doesn't give the page # where the connector is used or shown in the wiring. I know you know this, but for others the "figure" mentioned is an illustration of where the connector actually is.

Next question(s): What if we were to have the information above in a table we could edit and we added the page #'s in the EVTM where the connector is used?

But, if you like that idea, then which EVTM? I'm working off the 1985 version, but were there connectors added for '86? I know the page #'s will change between the years, so is this really helpful?

I have MULTIPLE questions so will post at least two times with the questions.

First, I'm not sure what you mean by "diagram numbers", Scott. I think "diagram" is the same as "page" & "figure"? If so, then is something like this what you mean?

The downside of this, apart from being difficult to get into a spreadsheet, is that it doesn't give the page # where the connector is used or shown in the wiring. I know you know this, but for others the "figure" mentioned is an illustration of where the connector actually is.

I should have been clearer but I was meaning just the page numbers of the diagram where the Connector is shown. So diagram # = page #.

Since the Component Location table you listed is already in the EVTM I don't see a need to recreate that information.

I am thinking of something simple like:

Connector Page

C123 45,50

C124 44

C124 33,18,12

(made up data)

Next question(s): What if we were to have the information above in a table we could edit and we added the page #'s in the EVTM where the connector is used?

But, if you like that idea, then which EVTM? I'm working off the 1985 version, but were there connectors added for '86? I know the page #'s will change between the years, so is this really helpful?

Last, ? for the moment: I've put up a test page called, oddly enough, Electrical Connectors. It is currently last in the menu. And in it I've added the illustrations for 18 of the connectors as well as a spreadsheet that shows what I was thinking would be the info we want. However, in light of Scott's question and the subsequent thinking through of the implications thereof I've changed my thinking to include the information about where the connectors are used and where they show in a "figure".

Having said that, I need some help. In that spreadsheet you can see that there are three connectors that plug into the fuse box and support add-on functions, like power door locks and windows. These are C-416, C-424, and C-445. HOWEVER, as shown below, in the EVTM they carry the #'s C1961, C1960, and C1962 respectively.

HELP! What am I missing? :nabble_anim_crazy:

Is this a case of two different sets of numbers for the same connector, one for the EVTM and one for the wiring diagrams? (I haven't been able to find, yet, those connectors in the wiring diagrams.)

1985-etm-page123.thumb.jpg.c2b5c72029a86659c4e6e5043955681e.jpg

I should have been clearer but I was meaning just the page numbers of the diagram where the Connector is shown. So diagram # = page #.

Since the Component Location table you listed is already in the EVTM I don't see a need to recreate that information.

I am thinking of something simple like:

Connector Page

C123 45,50

C124 44

C124 33,18,12

(made up data)

Unfortunately just because a connector is shown being used on a page in the EVTM doesn't always mean that it is listed on that page in that table. I can't give you an example, but I've had it happen many, many times where I couldn't find the connector I was looking for in a table on the appropriate page, only to find it elsewhere.

Which is one reason I have the '85 EVTM in one PDF - I can search it for all uses of a given term.

Anyway, that's why I think the all-up table would be good as you'd have one place to go to find all the info on any one connector. So now I'm thinking the info would include the color of the connector, the # of pins, the approximate location, the pages on which it is shown in the circuits, and the pages & figures in which it is depicted.

Unfortunately just because a connector is shown being used on a page in the EVTM doesn't always mean that it is listed on that page in that table. I can't give you an example, but I've had it happen many, many times where I couldn't find the connector I was looking for in a table on the appropriate page, only to find it elsewhere.

Which is one reason I have the '85 EVTM in one PDF - I can search it for all uses of a given term.

Anyway, that's why I think the all-up table would be good as you'd have one place to go to find all the info on any one connector. So now I'm thinking the info would include the color of the connector, the # of pins, the approximate location, the pages on which it is shown in the circuits, and the pages & figures in which it is depicted.

That difference in connector numbers for the fuse box add-ins is odd.

Don't get me wrong - having it in an all in one table is going to be the best. I was just trying to avoid you having to recreate any data that is already in the EVTM. But that is based on my assumption that one will always have the EVTM in one hand (or browser tab) while referencing the new Connector Table as a supplement.

As a standalone document though, filling out anything and everything about the connector regardless if it exists in the EVTM makes sense :nabble_smiley_good:

That difference in connector numbers for the fuse box add-ins is odd.

Don't get me wrong - having it in an all in one table is going to be the best. I was just trying to avoid you having to recreate any data that is already in the EVTM. But that is based on my assumption that one will always have the EVTM in one hand (or browser tab) while referencing the new Connector Table as a supplement.

As a standalone document though, filling out anything and everything about the connector regardless if it exists in the EVTM makes sense :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm not in a big hurry on this and am kind of testing the waters. But many times I've wanted to know what to find a given connector and the page I was on in the EVTM didn't have it listed. Or I wanted to know what other circuits were in it.

So I'm going to dabble with it a bit and see what I can come up with.

• 2 years later...

I really feel like the guy who's popping up hours after the party is over...

Anyway, better late than never, I suppose.

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Guys - I was just looking for info on a particular connector and it occurred to me that it would be nice to have a list of connectors, locations, pinouts, references to it in the EVTM's, etc.

Gary, I had exactly the same thoughts this morning, looking to identify a connector.

:nabble_smiley_good:

For example on the Digital Clock page C125 is an 8 terminal connector but only 4 are represented in the diagram. A quick way to see the other 4 would be nice.

Ok, so mine isn't the famous C125, since it has only 7 pins.

I'm gonna post my question in a separate thread.

:nabble_smiley_sad:

But about this discussion, would be nice to:

• Look at the EVMT and spot couple of connectors in the involved truck's area.

• Go to a "connectors specs" bible, where connectors diagrams are simply sorted numerically.

I don't think that any index or table is required. Just each connector drawing (or picture) and the color code of each wire.

Gary, your test page looks enough for me. Too bad C125 isn't listed.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

I really feel like the guy who's popping up hours after the party is over...

Anyway, better late than never, I suppose.

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Guys - I was just looking for info on a particular connector and it occurred to me that it would be nice to have a list of connectors, locations, pinouts, references to it in the EVTM's, etc.

Gary, I had exactly the same thoughts this morning, looking to identify a connector.

:nabble_smiley_good:

For example on the Digital Clock page C125 is an 8 terminal connector but only 4 are represented in the diagram. A quick way to see the other 4 would be nice.

Ok, so mine isn't the famous C125, since it has only 7 pins.

I'm gonna post my question in a separate thread.

:nabble_smiley_sad:

But about this discussion, would be nice to:

• Look at the EVMT and spot couple of connectors in the involved truck's area.

• Go to a "connectors specs" bible, where connectors diagrams are simply sorted numerically.

I don't think that any index or table is required. Just each connector drawing (or picture) and the color code of each wire.

Gary, your test page looks enough for me. Too bad C125 isn't listed.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Jeff - When I'm really old, not just sorta old like I am now, that table would be something I might be able to create. But right now there are more important things to do.

Having said that, if someone wants to take it upon themself to do this I'd love to help. I have a number of tools that would come in handy, but it would take a lot of time. So for now it is easier to solve the problem one question at a time.