Bullnose Forums

Newbie.

I know that whenever you buy the second tier Marti Report for these trucks, it will break down how many trucks were ordered with certain colors and options, so I'm sure they did. Kevin Marti bought most of Ford's old records and now offers his Marti Reports that tell you all about your vehicle. Only downside is that it will only give you info for a specific year. And I'm not sure if the Trailer Special packages are listed on the Marti Reports.

I do know that the Trailer Special package was available on Bronco, F150, F250, and F350. There were two different packages, one was for light duty towing and the other was for heavy duty towing.

The Camper Special package was for F250 and F350 trucks only, so those emblems are probably harder to find.

According to rearcounter.com, NOS Parts LTD. has a single Trailer Special emblem in stock. You might want to give them a call and verify that info. I don't really know their pricing, but it might not be cheap.

Yes my experience with Marti is a lot of the time there is no breakdown of certain sub models numbers for some different options at least on passenger cars anyway. Down the road I may order a deluxe Eppinger report from him. A lot of times it's that Ford didn't really breakdown sub model options either, at least that's the way it is for some of my other vehicles. I did go on the site but didn't see the part needed but will call them when they are opened up in the week. Thanks for that.

I did try to decode my truck on the the sites vin decoder late last night but had problems on certain numbers on my door jamb tag. The condition of my tag is like new but when it comes to finding out what springs and what type of towing class it is, I come up with a blank. I see that info is the same as my owners manual on the towing part but doesn't even list my Z code 400 engine only the 351m. Plus my tag does not actually say springs on the right side near end of tag it is blank but has the 2 letters there that are most likely for front and back which are E and A. My weight is 8650lb. This vehicle really sits high up especially for a 2-wheel drive and there are no mods underneath (all factory) so don't know what class it is. Confused a little on my tag numbers for front and how to read such as Front 1458, 3215lb, and rear 2834, 6250. In that half box on my tag is also FO 175.

FO 435.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes my experience with Marti is a lot of the time there is no breakdown of certain sub models numbers for some different options at least on passenger cars anyway. Down the road I may order a deluxe Eppinger report from him. A lot of times it's that Ford didn't really breakdown sub model options either, at least that's the way it is for some of my other vehicles. I did go on the site but didn't see the part needed but will call them when they are opened up in the week. Thanks for that.

I did try to decode my truck on the the sites vin decoder late last night but had problems on certain numbers on my door jamb tag. The condition of my tag is like new but when it comes to finding out what springs and what type of towing class it is, I come up with a blank. I see that info is the same as my owners manual on the towing part but doesn't even list my Z code 400 engine only the 351m. Plus my tag does not actually say springs on the right side near end of tag it is blank but has the 2 letters there that are most likely for front and back which are E and A. My weight is 8650lb. This vehicle really sits high up especially for a 2-wheel drive and there are no mods underneath (all factory) so don't know what class it is. Confused a little on my tag numbers for front and how to read such as Front 1458, 3215lb, and rear 2834, 6250. In that half box on my tag is also FO 175.

FO 435.

Plus I could not see word (tape) on my sticker but my original tape stripe on truck around the rear of cab is tu-tone blue. Luckily the decoder gave the the factory location of the build and shipping dso destination and am really happy about that. It was built in San Jose California and shipped to Seattle Washington.

Plus I could not see word (tape) on my sticker but my original tape stripe on truck around the rear of cab is tu-tone blue. Luckily the decoder gave the the factory location of the build and shipping dso destination and am really happy about that. It was built in San Jose California and shipped to Seattle Washington.

That's interesting. My old 1980 F150 was also built in San Jose, and I remember some of the info was missing, or was printed above the spot where it should have been. It's weird that two trucks built in the same factory some time apart both had strange anomalies with the tags.

That's interesting. My old 1980 F150 was also built in San Jose, and I remember some of the info was missing, or was printed above the spot where it should have been. It's weird that two trucks built in the same factory some time apart both had strange anomalies with the tags.

That's strange on your old truck as well, hmmm. The tag is limited in spots as described. It is in perfect condition and still looks new even without any discoloration. The typed black info of what is there is even crisp and dark. For sure don't have the tape code. Or spring code, I think. Even the axle area is missing and blank so I'll crawl underneath to read tag when it ever quits raining here. There was a spot for the trans code K though on the same line and got that one being a C-6. What is missing where it should be located on the tag is no where else to be found anywhere on tag. I wonder how the servicing dealer dealt with it unless they just used the vin# which I guess most likely did. Just an fyi.