Bullnose Forums

Red Striped Trim Ring

Any chance I could get pictures and maybe talk you out of one of them? I only need one and have entertained the idea of removing the dings and such. I've seen incredible repairs done on trim.

They are sitting in the bed of my project crew cab, and I can take some pictures tomorrow in the daylight. I would be happy to pass one along to you at the junkyard price that I paid plus the ride. I cannot speculate whether the blemishes are repairable, but if nothing else it would give you *something* to mount on until you located a better one at a sane price. They don’t look horrible, and would be better than a missing ring.

That would be great, Jonathan. Thank you!

Hi John, here are some pictures of the rings. They have a lot of black brake dust on them but that seems to clean off.

Ring 1 has some scrapes which might be less noticeable once buffed, but tricky to repair since the surface is damaged:

CC977697-EE89-4CF6-A4F1-797C33525A3D.jpeg.33a86fee87de7a069173cb7c76ba9b15.jpeg

B28F2740-B241-4B06-891D-EE52FA1B9991.jpeg.4a694ced96102689adfc158698099e10.jpeg

38AE1D74-E7F9-4992-B015-3D18B019524E.jpeg.e90caab30fd0bc69849b05bcd75fbe43.jpeg

Ring 2 has some dimples. The first photo is with the light just right so that you can see the defects, but they are generally not this noticeable unless they reflect just right. Since the surface is still smooth they could potentially be pushed back out and repaired but I know nothing about doing this.

DFBEE8E1-DD20-42B5-B2CF-14AE7A04118E.jpeg.7444d1912d4a5cc835e17b5c748ee291.jpeg

78BD50EE-DE50-4A4D-A3D0-CF84166CECA0.jpeg.9ca5b15d112e914430a9b5dee27c2eb3.jpeg

EDB3A0DF-4BB9-4E68-BD96-BFBD9431A407.jpeg.7b8ad4851bd637e7d29b90bce184eb90.jpeg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John, here are some pictures of the rings. They have a lot of black brake dust on them but that seems to clean off.

Ring 1 has some scrapes which might be less noticeable once buffed, but tricky to repair since the surface is damaged:

Ring 2 has some dimples. The first photo is with the light just right so that you can see the defects, but they are generally not this noticeable unless they reflect just right. Since the surface is still smooth they could potentially be pushed back out and repaired but I know nothing about doing this.

Jonathan, sent you an email. Thanks

Jonathan, sent you an email. Thanks

Did you pick up the trim rings that was posted on ebay? Someone grabbed them the sale ended with the best offer being accepted so someone got the trim rings for less than the advertised price.

Did you pick up the trim rings that was posted on ebay? Someone grabbed them the sale ended with the best offer being accepted so someone got the trim rings for less than the advertised price.

Nope, wayyy above what I'd pay for them. Someone has some serious disposable income. But, I did pick up five very clean rings off ebay that posted up Sunday morning. They weren't their very long when I spotted them. Got a good price on them too. I don't typically have luck like that...LOL!

Nope, wayyy above what I'd pay for them. Someone has some serious disposable income. But, I did pick up five very clean rings off ebay that posted up Sunday morning. They weren't their very long when I spotted them. Got a good price on them too. I don't typically have luck like that...LOL!

I was curious it sold today around lunch time told me that the seller accepted a offer so someone might have gotten a deal.

As far as luck like that, thats why I look up OE part numbers on the parts and illustration guide and save them as searches on ebay when one gets posted up I get email notified and my ebay app on my phone notifies me that way I can quickly jump on any deals. I actually jumped on one of the deals like that which was a NOS Ford choke thermostat for a Holley 4000 carb picked it up for $18.99 where everyone else was wanting $100+. First one I bought was $75, and since I got that one since these are getting harder and harder to find I buy any that is under $50 to stock up on for my Holley 4000 carb.

Its also how I picked up a NOS tail light housing for a flareside, picked it up off ebay for $50 and found out its a ford redesign that has a T10 wedge bulb for the side marker light where my original ones uses the 1157 bulb to illuminate the side marker. I tried to find another one like it and the one I bought from Green Sales for $100 NOS for the left side was like the original one on my truck so I ended up buying another right from Green and got a matched NOS set for my truck. If I can source the left light with the T10 wedge bulb I will pick it up and switch as I never liked the idea of having the rear side marker light be illuminated by the 1157 bulb.

Also picked up a driverside seat belt NOS for $115 as well, trying to get in touch with Green Sales as they have a center belt I need which if its not too crazy on price I just have to keep looking on ebay for the right belt to have all new.

Thats why I tell people ebay is great when you can do a search for the OE part number and if you have no hits click the heart to save the search and ebay will notify you when one is posted. Its how I got a set of 5 stainless steel trim rings for my 56 NOS in the box the box states 1953 but the number was used up to 1957. Been looking for those for 2 years and the grill guard for my truck I been looking 7 years for that and just happened to find a NOS rally brand one that I need to refinish. not sure if I want to have it rechromed like my front bumper or have it powder coated black.