Bullnose Forums

Red Striped Trim Ring

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original Ford ones with the stripes are getting very hard to find in good condition. I think your only hope is going to be Ebay or a junkyard. Unfortunately, most used ones are dinged up by now.

Why do you have to have the grooves? I don't see why you couldn't get new aftermarket trim rings (none of them have stripes) and simply have stripes put on them.

I know a guy who has a dark blue 1988 F150 Lariat and he put matching dark blue stripes on a set of aftermarket trim rings. I thought it looked great!

The original Ford ones with the stripes are getting very hard to find in good condition. I think your only hope is going to be Ebay or a junkyard. Unfortunately, most used ones are dinged up by now.

Why do you have to have the grooves? I don't see why you couldn't get new aftermarket trim rings (none of them have stripes) and simply have stripes put on them.

I know a guy who has a dark blue 1988 F150 Lariat and he put matching dark blue stripes on a set of aftermarket trim rings. I thought it looked great!

Thanks Rick, but I have three of the red striped trim rings already and want to keep with them. Hoping that finding a single trim ring would not be that big of a deal.

I'm still looking for one of these and have a question??? The wheels these came on were both 7 and 8" wide. ls there a difference in the trim ring for the different widths of the wheel? Thanks!

John - I've searched the wheel cover page (Documentation/Driveline/Wheel Covers) and I'm a bit lost. It looks to me like the trim rings are a Type 15. Right? If so, I'm not finding them used on Bullnose trucks. Were they?

Looks like they were used on the little Ranger and Aerostar, but those had 14" wheels.

What am I missing?

John - I've searched the wheel cover page (Documentation/Driveline/Wheel Covers) and I'm a bit lost. It looks to me like the trim rings are a Type 15. Right? If so, I'm not finding them used on Bullnose trucks. Were they?

Looks like they were used on the little Ranger and Aerostar, but those had 14" wheels.

What am I missing?

Rough condition:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234017321704?hash=item367c84f2e8:g:6MkAAOSwaYtgprnu

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.8dbd3e280334f8db9f455bc0561e2feb.jpg

I'm still looking for one of these and have a question??? The wheels these came on were both 7 and 8" wide. ls there a difference in the trim ring for the different widths of the wheel? Thanks!

The 8" wide [wagon] wheels were optional starting in 1987 for 4x4 Broncos with the 31" tire option. They were exactly like the earlier 7" wide wheels, but had an extra "step" in them to gain the extra inch. The trim rings fit either the 7" or 8" wide wheel. The trim rings with the red stripes were used from 1982 - 1989. These were replaced with plain trim rings in 1990 before being completely dropped in 1992.

Below is a picture of the 8" wide wheels I have on Lucille with the red-striped trim rings. You can see the extra "step" in the wheel and how the trim ring fits up to it. If you have the 7" wheels, the trim ring would fit against the face of the wheel.

Step_1.jpg.d6c3f463794e04bba29ce70bac5035e2.jpg