Bullnose Forums

Tire fit question

Big Blue was effectively stock when I got him...
Um.....noNot at all was Big Blue anywhere close to stock.And since these 250's came with a maximum 7" rim width I'm not even sure you you could begin to compare with whatever backset/offset his rims have.You're definitely going to need to start trimming fenders and adding lift when you get above 285.The 250 has an advantage there, because it only has an inch of suspension in front (stock)
The suspension was stock, other than having Bilsteins. But the wheels weren't. And the 285's didn't come anywhere near rubbing with the stock suspension.

So Reno will be fine with the right wheels. In fact, the wheels that are on his truck put the tires at probably the same place those on Big Blue are, so he should be fine with them. But with the white wheels he will have to determine backspacing and do some math.

Here's a comparison, and that's a pic of Big Blue before the transformation with the D60.

RFtires.thumb.jpg.2e9b051e8452499b5de2fbeef11fadcc.jpgAfter_Wash_and_Wax_Front_Quarter_-_Smaller.thumb.jpg.64ad1c780c23d80ce869166f2107ba2c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think it applies to F250s as well that you need a leveling kit or a lift

kit for 33" or taller tires.

Absolutely not. With the right offset wheels 35's fit fine with no rub. I ran 285/75 on the stock wheels for years with no rub at all. Now it's on 37/12.50R16.5 with factory suspension and cutout flares.