Bullnose Forums

Buying new Bullnose seats?

I Just called 2 upholstery shops that said $300 - $600 to restore back to original type seat. That is also repairing the cushion and metal in backs. But that was soft quotes - they wanted to see it - understandable. And would depend on what coverings.

Just had my later (94ish?) humpback seat that's in my 81 redone in vinyl for $480 out the door, so that sounds right in the range. Asked them to make it look fairly stock-ish. I think they did a good job. The lighting in the picture sucks but you can kind of get an idea.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n96084/IMG_2879.jpg

What material was used vinyl?

I know a guy that we use at work I am going to get him to do my seat once I find the proper bench seat but he has done seats for us at work in real leather for under $200 per seat for buckets. I figured for a bench it would be around $400. Ive had vinyl seats before and they just dont last I noticed but leather seems to be a lot more durable and I found a place that sells leather hide already dyed they have a dark cobalt blue that might be a good match for my dark blue interior. They also state to be forewarned there will be brands on the hide. I kind of want to see if they could source a Texas based ranch brand and I could have the upholstry guy place it in a visible spot.

I have a Qualitex seat frame in Darth that I pulled out of Bricknose at Pete's Used Parts in Newport News VA, the rear seat came out of a 1996 Centaurus conversion Crew Cab DRW truck he bought for the powertrain and when I asked about the interior he told me go ahead and take it. He gave me the Ford/Alcoa rims as a Christmas present.

The seat mounts and floor pan really didn't change from 1980-1997 other than the differences between models, and all crew cabs seem to have the tall transmission hump front section. The factory split seats and buckets sit on a platform that bolts onto the bench seat mounting points. The 96 I got the interior out of had a change in the seat mounts, the rear mounting point is a stud since it sits vertically and the front is still a bolt I have replaced the outer seats on the Qualitex base with a pair of 2000 Lincoln Continental ones that have power everything and an inflatable lumbar support. I need to modify the Qualitex base as the Lincoln seats are a bit too high.

My "almost son in law" repaired and refinished the center fold down seat back for me, and the only issue I have with it, the actual cup holders in addition to being a bit odd sized, are too shallow since the bottom isn't relieved for the base of the cup.

I have a Qualitex seat frame in Darth that I pulled out of Bricknose at Pete's Used Parts in Newport News VA, the rear seat came out of a 1996 Centaurus conversion Crew Cab DRW truck he bought for the powertrain and when I asked about the interior he told me go ahead and take it. He gave me the Ford/Alcoa rims as a Christmas present.

The seat mounts and floor pan really didn't change from 1980-1997 other than the differences between models, and all crew cabs seem to have the tall transmission hump front section. The factory split seats and buckets sit on a platform that bolts onto the bench seat mounting points. The 96 I got the interior out of had a change in the seat mounts, the rear mounting point is a stud since it sits vertically and the front is still a bolt I have replaced the outer seats on the Qualitex base with a pair of 2000 Lincoln Continental ones that have power everything and an inflatable lumbar support. I need to modify the Qualitex base as the Lincoln seats are a bit too high.

My "almost son in law" repaired and refinished the center fold down seat back for me, and the only issue I have with it, the actual cup holders in addition to being a bit odd sized, are too shallow since the bottom isn't relieved for the base of the cup.

Those seats aren’t bad in price. I was quoted 1500 to redo the flex steel set up in my truck, which was a hard no!

Those seats aren’t bad in price. I was quoted 1500 to redo the flex steel set up in my truck, which was a hard no!

I find that upholstery pricing varies wildly. I was looking to get 2 buckets and 2 door cards done on a Fiat X1/9 and the first guy I talked to quoted $3200 for leather. I shopped around a lot more and got them done for $1200 very nicely. This was not a stock re-skin type job, it was fairly customized, so still pretty expensive. But yeah, what a big difference in price.

I find that upholstery pricing varies wildly. I was looking to get 2 buckets and 2 door cards done on a Fiat X1/9 and the first guy I talked to quoted $3200 for leather. I shopped around a lot more and got them done for $1200 very nicely. This was not a stock re-skin type job, it was fairly customized, so still pretty expensive. But yeah, what a big difference in price.

They can vary, we tossed the original bench seat from my truck years ago cause we found a hispanic guy selling out the back of a cargo truck a bunch of brand new seats wrapped in plastic. It was cheaper to get the explorer seats he had than it was to recover my seats. Got those seats for $500.

Now some 23 years later and those seats are in need of recovering and now I am on the hunt for a bench seat cause the explorer bucket bench is ok but I never been a fan of the high head rests nor how low the seats sit compared to the bench.

Now some 23 years later and those seats are in need of recovering and now I am on the hunt for a bench seat cause the explorer bucket bench is ok but I never been a fan of the high head rests nor how low the seats sit compared to the bench.

I have the old flat-topped bench from my 81, it would need new foam but is otherwise usable as a core. I'm in the DFW TX area, where are you?

Or are you looking for a seat that's all ready to go?

I have the old flat-topped bench from my 81, it would need new foam but is otherwise usable as a core. I'm in the DFW TX area, where are you?

Im not sure on what I am looking for seat wise. Im still in the deciding stage as I work on my engine build. Part of me is wondering if I want to get a later model seat with the pull out center arm rest or to go original without the pull out center arm rest. I do plan on covering any seat I get how ever in leather in the proper dark blue though. Im in Houston but there is a guy down here I heard about I need to contact that has a shop that all he sells is truck seats to see if he has one for me or not.

Im not sure on what I am looking for seat wise. Im still in the deciding stage as I work on my engine build. Part of me is wondering if I want to get a later model seat with the pull out center arm rest or to go original without the pull out center arm rest. I do plan on covering any seat I get how ever in leather in the proper dark blue though. Im in Houston but there is a guy down here I heard about I need to contact that has a shop that all he sells is truck seats to see if he has one for me or not.

As soon as I sort out the rain gutters and windshield leaks in the truck (prob June), it is getting a new 40/20/40 seat to match the new flooring.

I like the look of those qualitex seats, the price is reasonable to me. I have requested swatches to see what color I like best. and for under $1k I can swing it.

It also means the seats I have in there now can go into the dually temporarily. I don' like the bench in there, my legs are too short to reach the clutch without being impaled on the steering wheel!