Bullnose Forum

Distressed lettering

Some will like this, some will hate it. But I'm trying to work with what I have. Which is a badly painted truck. They basically DA'd it all. Which means they just knocked the edges off the stripes and tailgate letters. Then they sprayed it blue. Earl Scheib style, if you're old enough.

So here is my tailgate letters distressed. I have a sign shop supposed to be making stencils for door lettering. That will kinda help maybe. Or just make it all one big trainwreck. Maybe next year I can get it painted for real back to the two tone blue. Idk.

IMG_20210503_180944434_HDR.jpg.e998aca1984fe97ee8864f9ba768aa0d.jpg

IMG_20210503_180908417.jpg.cf1965804456199d44147736e0a7cc2e.jpg

Looks good. Kinda how my truck looks currently in some spots with the paint worn through. I will how ever be putting the paint off till I can afford to have it done properly. I dont want the local paint shops do it cause most do like matco and just dust the paint between cabs and beds and around door jambs with minimal masking.

I want mine to be painted like it was painted by the factory and Ill even pull the bed off myself to ensure they do it and clear it properly.

Looks good. Kinda how my truck looks currently in some spots with the paint worn through. I will how ever be putting the paint off till I can afford to have it done properly. I dont want the local paint shops do it cause most do like matco and just dust the paint between cabs and beds and around door jambs with minimal masking.

I want mine to be painted like it was painted by the factory and Ill even pull the bed off myself to ensure they do it and clear it properly.

I like it. Sort of patina. :nabble_smiley_good: