Bullnose Forums

Inner Window Sweeps

After much contemplation on how to adhere the inner sweep, went the staple route and am very pleased. Used stainless steel 1/2 wide long staples, pre-drilled the window sweep at strategic locations, clamped it to the panel using it as a guide and then drilled the panel and inserted the staples. Staples were then flattened with some large adjustable pliers.

Next job is water shield fabrication. Picture below is of template.

Looks good, John. :nabble_anim_claps:

Pre-drilling the door panel should work nicely. I was shooting the staples through the panel and they broke the panel.

I need to install new inner window sweeps. Originally these were held in with three staples. Wondering if anyone has secured them with pop rivets???

I know I'm late, but I used 1/8" stainless rivets and had little squares of sheet metal pre-cut to act as washers so the "squish" of the rivets didn't deform the plastic. They worked great.

IMG_8320.jpg.f5f931bcca71f3909e7c0351984baa5e.jpg

IMG_8321.jpg.7a10a76e6dff31ae0fd5c50f839a4e58.jpg

IMG_8323.jpg.354234cca4342fc4d0d35577269bc557.jpg

I need to install new inner window sweeps. Originally these were held in with three staples. Wondering if anyone has secured them with pop rivets???

I know I'm late, but I used 1/8" stainless rivets and had little squares of sheet metal pre-cut to act as washers so the "squish" of the rivets didn't deform the plastic. They worked great.

Lots of good ideas on this thread. I meant to reply earlier but forgot, but looks like John ended up doing what I was going to suggest. I used different staples but did the exact same thing.

I tried shooting a couple without pre-drilling first and quickly discovered that's a bad idea. I was lucky that my damage wasn't significant and easily hideable.