Bullnose Forums

Delay Wiper Switch and Governor

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delay-Wiper-Switch-Module-Assembly-Ford-Pickup-Truck-F150-F350-F250-Bronco-/311941733474?hash=item48a12d1c62:g:4qUAAOSwj8JZkLPC&vxp=mtr

I just bought a replacement Windshield Wiper Intermittent "governor" off E-bay. I don't need it now, but the price is right and I was thinking that these parts may become scarce.

That's a reasonable price, and an easy upgrade.

That E-bay link is not the same place where I got my replacement Governor.

I did buy off E-bay but I paid $50 for the Governor alone (no switch). As I had previouly bought the Wiper Switch from RockAuto for $25.

So I could have saved some money if checked E-bay first.:nabble_smiley_cry:

That E-bay link is not the same place where I got my replacement Governor.

I did buy off E-bay but I paid $50 for the Governor alone (no switch). As I had previouly bought the Wiper Switch from RockAuto for $25.

So I could have saved some money if checked E-bay first.:nabble_smiley_cry:

That is a good call to have a back up. I have one extra, but now that I have a second truck I might need to go pull another one, or two, at the junkyard. They are cheaper there but obviously used.

• 1 year later...

Question on the factory delay wiper switch/modules:

What about the vans? or Bronco II and Rangers? Did they by chance use the same delay wiper parts?

I know this is probably a dumb question, but how exactly do they operate? I now have two wiper speeds...slow and fast. With the delay wiper switch, does it just add a 3rd position, with a slower/delayed wiper speed? The delayed part is a fixed speed in itself?

Question on the factory delay wiper switch/modules:

What about the vans? or Bronco II and Rangers? Did they by chance use the same delay wiper parts?

I know this is probably a dumb question, but how exactly do they operate? I now have two wiper speeds...slow and fast. With the delay wiper switch, does it just add a 3rd position, with a slower/delayed wiper speed? The delayed part is a fixed speed in itself?

In reverse: The function is that the wipers have a variable delay between low-speed sweeps. The third position on the switch, which is to the left of off, is to a resistor and the farther left you go the longer the "off" interval is between low-speed sweeps.

As for the parts from different vehicles, I can't actually answer the question. All I can say is that the vans and little Broncos and Rangers have a different part number. But I can't tell if they will work - although I doubt it or they would not have different parts.

17C476.thumb.jpg.28d733835fb6ee2e6abf38c91445bc46.jpg

In reverse: The function is that the wipers have a variable delay between low-speed sweeps. The third position on the switch, which is to the left of off, is to a resistor and the farther left you go the longer the "off" interval is between low-speed sweeps.

Ahhh, OK, thanks Gary! That makes sense. I didn't realize the delay was adjustable. Perfect.