Bullnose Forums

1985 Ford F-150 Lariat 4×4 on BaT

There is nothing on that truck that indicates it is a "Lariat" model.

NONE of the Lariat options are on that truck.

Good call. No clock, no silver rim on the dash, black knobs for the headlights and wipers. Full manual door locks/windows, no lariat badges.

And why is one of the AC registers blanked off with a weird knob on it?

Good call. No clock, no silver rim on the dash, black knobs for the headlights and wipers. Full manual door locks/windows, no lariat badges.

I wondered the same. Looks like it's just a Wixgear phone mount. I've seen non-AC trucks use these bezel for additional gauge/buttons mounted there but not disabling a functional one. Guess it was decided that losing the one didn't make enough of a difference for them. I get it though - I often keep the far driver side one closed so it doesn't freeze my hand so I can't say I'd miss that one not being there...

The 1985 and 1986 Lariat models did not have a silver rim on the dash, and the headlight and wiper knobs were black.

The 1985 and 1986 Lariat models did not have a silver rim on the dash, and the headlight and wiper knobs were black.

Ahh, I was judging by my 1982

I think the chrome knobs and pin striping looks better if you have a Lariat model. So I replaced the black knobs with the earlier chrome knobs and chrome pin-striped dash registers:

I agree. My truck is a Custom but if it had of been equipped with the black knobs I would have replaced them with the chrome ones because I feel the plain black ones just look "cheap".