Bullnose Forums

Drop axle pivots & radius arm bracket for RWD, unicorn or duh?

thanks for following! the springs are the same side to side (even compressed length is the same) but distance between the top of the tire and the wheel arch is a full one inch shorter on the driver's side. that introduces several other variables that I can think of (tire pressure, body spacers, drop bracket differences maybe) but the longer springs did not have this discrepancy, only 1/4" different in that measurement side to side. weird. I will be calling them nonetheless for guidance as to what could be going on here, as it sits my 1.5" levelling coils have only given the truck 1/2" lift on one side. also, I realize I am mucking with the two products; levelling coils don't come with drop brackets and the 2.5" lift is designed around the longer springs (I assume).

this brings me right back to where I started with this project: if you drop the radius arm mounting points down 2" and the axle pivot points down 2" will 2" longer coils push the top of the tire out requiring camber adjustment? In my case I went past 2" longer with the coils; from 12" to 14 3/4" so the camber was leaning out a bit (if I liked that ride height I would have replaced the camber bushings to bring it back). Looking for a simple explanation, the manufacturer's 2.5" coils are long and their 1.5" coils are short creating a perfect storm for me! lol