Bullnose Forums

Interior paint color - blue.

I like SEM myself.

You can find it at auto body supply stores some times in a spray can on the shelf or they can mix it.

Some can put it in a spray can or pt/qt cans and you use a spray gun to apply it.

With anything prep is the BIG THING!

With inside parts I hit with a degreaser then I wash them with soap & hot water 2 to 3 times and degreaser again.

SEM also uses a bonding agent you put on first before painting.

As for colors not matching remember the old parts have been in the truck how long?

The sun / UV can change the color.

I have also seen some colors can be 2 or 3 different shades in the same car/truck depending on who makes the parts that are supplied.

If you want 1 color re-paint everything ;)

That is what I am doing but all the panels needed to be painted anyway.

Dave ----

+1 for what Dave is saying about color variation and painting everything. You have molded soft plastic, molded hard plastic, painted hard plastic, and painted metal. They all fade and age differently and may not have been perfectly matched to begin with. If you don’t particularly care for the color you got, then try an offering from NPD, or LMR (Late model restorations) since the mustangs used the same interior colors.

+1 for what Dave is saying about color variation and painting everything. You have molded soft plastic, molded hard plastic, painted hard plastic, and painted metal. They all fade and age differently and may not have been perfectly matched to begin with. If you don’t particularly care for the color you got, then try an offering from NPD, or LMR (Late model restorations) since the mustangs used the same interior colors.

Thank you for the advice. I am sticking with the colorbond blue. I order a second can.

I have been pretty vigilant about the prep of the pieces I have done so far and they all look good.

I will do all the panels apart from the door panels. I like the faded look on the doors. The rest can be spiffed up.

I may need a couple more cans though...

Thank you for the advice. I am sticking with the colorbond blue. I order a second can.

I have been pretty vigilant about the prep of the pieces I have done so far and they all look good.

I will do all the panels apart from the door panels. I like the faded look on the doors. The rest can be spiffed up.

I may need a couple more cans though...

Pics or it didn't happen. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• 1 year later...

I bought the blue colorbond paint from LMC. It is a couple of shades darker than the original blue in my Bronco and my F150.

I'm thinking about ordering a can (or two) of the Colorbond blue from LMC. Do you have any comments good or bad a year later?

How about quantity? I need to do two door panels, two kick panels, and 2 a-pillar trim pieces. Will a couple cans do it?

Now...the tricky part. I didn't realize until recently that my door panels and kick panels were painted previously, using a Duplicolor vinyl and fabric "medium blue". Any special preparation I should do in order to paint over the Duplicolor with Colorbond?

And finally, if I choose to do so...can somebody recommend one of these SEM retailers that mixes interior paints, and ships?