Bullnose Forum

Question for Gary, ok to Gab this group?

Howdy Sir,

Several of us have left FTE except to lurk, after harsh mod antics. FTE has new corporate owners, not sure why. We created an FTE group on Gab. One of us has extensive IDI knowledge including ability to reload ECC-IV code and control E40D.

Would anyone here enjoy a group on Gab for garagemahal? There would be no content mirrored, just discussion. Gab is not optimized for much else.

EECloadBox.jpeg.22f31a95dea1d0d80fe25517cd40f849.jpeg

Sorry to see that FTE is having problems - again.

What little I know about Gab is what I've heard on the news and what I've read on Wikipedia, but it doesn't sound like an easy platform to use for truck content.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Would anyone here enjoy a group on Gab for garagemahal?" Can you explain that a bit more?

However, there may well be an interest in information on the IDI, how to reload EEC-IV code, and how to control an E4OD.

Again, please tell us more.

What little I know about Gab is what I've heard on the news and what I've read on Wikipedia, but it doesn't sound like an easy platform to use for truck content.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Would anyone here enjoy a group on Gab for garagemahal?" Can you explain that a bit more?

However, there may well be an interest in information on the IDI, how to reload EEC-IV code, and how to control an E4OD.

I was curious about gab, had a quick poke around. Seems to be a twitter type platform. I could not find any truck or Ford content - possibly because I am not signed up. But what I did see on the home page didn't interest me.

I have a E4OD that will be going in my truck behind my 300 so details would be great.

That kind of info would be from lonewolf, who just got banned from FTE for reasons they won't discuss. Kinda like youtube never giving a reason just "you violated the community standards"

Several of us left in disgust.

Gab is whatever you want it to be. Everything under the sun is there in a group. Ours is called Ford Truck Enthusiasts of Gab https://gab.com/groups/40030

I just started a Ford N tractor group too. My Chickens of Gab group is growing a lot, and I have a couple EDC groups.

Some things under the sun don't interest me. So I use Gab's "mute" feature a lot for wack jobs.

I was curious about gab, had a quick poke around. Seems to be a twitter type platform. I could not find any truck or Ford content - possibly because I am not signed up. But what I did see on the home page didn't interest me.

Yes it's a lot like Twitter but no stasi telling you what you can say, longer messages, video, and lots of groups. No PMs yet.

I'd just make a Bullnose group on Gab and suggest that interested folks come over here. Maybe include Brickies too because they get no love.

Seriously, a local hot rod shop guy and I were talking about Brickies, they are going up in value now. Folks are buying nice ones. We have 4, two are parts trucks. 3 Bullnose, one is parts truck.

I'd just make a Bullnose group on Gab and suggest that interested folks come over here. Maybe include Brickies too because they get no love.

Seriously, a local hot rod shop guy and I were talking about Brickies, they are going up in value now. Folks are buying nice ones. We have 4, two are parts trucks. 3 Bullnose, one is parts truck.

I don't want to get into another medium, be it Gab or anything else, as I'm already having a hard time keeping up. But if you tell people here about things on Gab it'll be similar to telling them about something on FTE in which they may have an interest.

So, for instance, if someone is asking how to program an EEC-IV box or how to control an E4OD you could certainly point them to a particular post/tweet/gabble (?) on Gab.

I don't want to get into another medium, be it Gab or anything else, as I'm already having a hard time keeping up. But if you tell people here about things on Gab it'll be similar to telling them about something on FTE in which they may have an interest.

So, for instance, if someone is asking how to program an EEC-IV box or how to control an E4OD you could certainly point them to a particular post/tweet/gabble (?) on Gab.

I sure understand the time angle. OK, it was just an idea. I'll probably make that Bullnose group and a Bricky group, maybe wait till Gab implements subgroups and put them under the FTE of Gab group.