Bullnose Forums

New bullnose owner

taeking

Congrat's! So have you already driven it the 1000 miles home?

I have. It did great. Not the fastest trip. Kept it around 60 mph and probably averaged around 15 or 16 mpg.

New weatherstripping for doors and windows will be the first priority in addition to replacing the upper drivers side door hinge.

I have. It did great. Not the fastest trip. Kept it around 60 mph and probably averaged around 15 or 16 mpg.

New weatherstripping for doors and windows will be the first priority in addition to replacing the upper drivers side door hinge.

Good plan on keeping the speed down. These trucks make a barn door look aerodynamic.

And if the weatherstripping is the worst of what you found then the truck really is solid. :nabble_smiley_good:

Good plan on keeping the speed down. These trucks make a barn door look aerodynamic.

And if the weatherstripping is the worst of what you found then the truck really is solid. :nabble_smiley_good:

Just about what I said, aerodynamic as a brick.😁

I think it is a good truck. My dad put some money into it making it safe to drive before I got there - seals, brake cylinders and shoes, etc. It needs lots of small stuff. The steering has too much play in it, dash lights don't all work, and I imagine all foam, rubber, and other things that breakdown with heat and cold over time will need replacing. It sat most of the past 10 to 15 years.

I'm considering if I will just fix up or restore.

Here is a photo after we did a rough first rub out with heavy duty compound.

20210429_123641.jpg.d302859c87c662d5dba2e4e63b2a9938.jpg