Bullnose Forum

New LED dash lights installed and temp gauge quit

I looked on the receipts previous owner gave me and it has a part number for thermostat, so a quick search turns up an Auto Zone Duralast 180 degree thermostat. So that would bear out what you said.

Thanks for replying - that a little piece of mind that the gauge should be correct-ish.

Yep most people run a 180* thermostat, I got a NOS motorcraft one in the 194* range I think is what its stamped on the bottom. I am going to try that and if not I will swap it out for a 180* thermostat again.

I know 180* thermostats will get up to around 195* before the thermostat is fully open and a 195* thermostat wont be fully open till around 205*. Im hopeful the 7 bladed flex fan I got to replace my OE 5 bladed flex fan will help not just my dealer installed A/C out but will also help my built up 306 to control the temp without over heating in this Texas heat we have. I never had a overheat problem before but thats with the OE spec engine with a 180* thermostat.

I'd be interested in knowing your results when you get them.

I'd be interested in knowing your results when you get them.

I will be posting a comparison of OE stock engine vs the custom built engine I pieced together. Going to also compare fuel economy as well as power and driveability. Im just stuck waiting on my short block otherwise id be building it right now and custom bending my hardlines for the sniper stealth.

Like wise if dakota digital releases a RTX Retro cluster for our trucks I will be doing a post on that as well for my install as well as what optional functions I added with the add on modules.

Im also really excited to see how my AC performs going from a 5 bladed non AC flex fan to a 7 bladed flex fan that is 1/2" smaller diameter than the AC equipped 7 bladed flex fan option for my truck. Im hopeful to get the duct temp below 58*F on 100*F days.