Bullnose Forums

thinking on signage for truck

Rat rodders do this all the time. Maybe have this on the truck and it makes an excuse for the crappy paint. Some fictitious business with a weathered logo to match the worn paint. In this case, Holle brewery was an idea a friend & i had back in the 80s in high school. We worked together in a sign company art dept and he made me a clock with the "Always time for beer and a nap". Kinda funny cause neither of us ever drank very much beer. But we went through a slow time before the company folded and there were lots of naps. This would be our own inside joke and celebration of a friendship of 40 years.

HOLLE_2.thumb.jpg.ed898a47138c684b7d57be7d52ed80fa.jpg

I like it as well. I enjoy seeing trucks that had a previous life and the faded remnants to show for it.

Thanks everyone, for the input. Will post up when I get to that.

IF anyone has any tips on the fake weathering, let me know. IN model cars, guys use salt to give a chipped appearance to paint. wet it, pour salt, paint, then wash the salt off and leaves a chipped paint appearance.

Thanks everyone, for the input. Will post up when I get to that.

IF anyone has any tips on the fake weathering, let me know. IN model cars, guys use salt to give a chipped appearance to paint. wet it, pour salt, paint, then wash the salt off and leaves a chipped paint appearance.

Found this. https://www.hotrod.com/articles/aged-perfection-create-believable-patina/

But I do like the idea of the signage, that's cool.

This truck has a crappy paint job. There are places where he original paint shows through. Runs. Sanding marks. At least the "old" signage makes it look like it is aging and not just crappy. I can't afford paint right now.