Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

That cleaned up nicely. :nabble_smiley_good:

And I agree, lube the king pins and see how they are. But you might try lubing them with the support for the truck in a couple of different positions. You want to make sure you get all of the water out, and the pressure on the king pin from the weight of the truck or just the suspension on it will cause it to be hard against the knuckle in some positions. So change the support and grease it again to make sure all of the water gets pushed out with the grease.

Thanks, I will try moving it around some more. I picked up some more grease today.

Looking for some recommendations on which spring set to get. Here are the specs. The CC820 seems more popular.

CC820.thumb.jpg.c2ccdd97081abffe2a519929c5f95c5f.jpg

CC822.thumb.jpg.3defaaa281f3228ed92190c0a8aac1ac.jpg

That cleaned up nicely. :nabble_smiley_good:And I agree, lube the king pins and see how they are. But you might try lubing them with the support for the truck in a couple of different positions. You want to make sure you get all of the water out, and the pressure on the king pin from the weight of the truck or just the suspension on it will cause it to be hard against the knuckle in some positions. So change the support and grease it again to make sure all of the water gets pushed out with the grease.
Thanks, I will try moving it around some more. I picked up some more grease today.
According to this, that grease should be good for both wheel bearings and chassis lubrication:

According to this, that grease should be good for both wheel bearings and chassis lubrication:

Thanks for finding that Gary. I guess I could use it to pack the bearings. Just more difficult to get out of the tube then a tub.

Thanks for finding that Gary. I guess I could use it to pack the bearings. Just more difficult to get out of the tube then a tub.

Welcome. I didn't know for sure so thought I'd read up on it. Then I found the video and thought I should share it.

But I agree with you on the wheel bearings. I have a bearing packer that uses a grease gun, but prefer to do it by hand from a tub of synthetic wheel bearing grease.

Sorry, I don't know anything about what springs to use. Hopefully someone else will reply.

I got the CC822. In the end it was shipping cost that decided it for me. The other spring would of had to come from another warehouse and cost $21 more for shipping.

From what I can tell the CC822 will give me a smoother ride that is less stiff.

Welcome. I didn't know for sure so thought I'd read up on it. Then I found the video and thought I should share it.

But I agree with you on the wheel bearings. I have a bearing packer that uses a grease gun, but prefer to do it by hand from a tub of synthetic wheel bearing grease.

Here is the one I have somewhere in the garage. I just need to find it.

AM-1933238158_C.thumb.jpg.4a4ca684591876dadd45c6fef3ad9855.jpg

Here is the one I have somewhere in the garage. I just need to find it.

Actually I found out that mine can be filled with a grease gun.

sdfgdfs.jpg.998716c6890de5c015003661836bc813.jpg

Somehow, it is quite rewarding to pack a bearing by hand. That glob of grease in one hand and working it in carefully, turn by turn. :nabble_smiley_grin:

Somehow, it is quite rewarding to pack a bearing by hand. That glob of grease in one hand and working it in carefully, turn by turn. :nabble_smiley_grin:

I think the last time I packed a bearing by hand was in the late nineteen hundreds. I was wearing more then I got inside the bearing. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: