Bullnose Forum

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

Hmmm, shoulda worked out a deal to go in end of sawzall... SuperPump. Glad to read all this though. Happy to see it in place. Getting closer and closer to actually taking that first spin around the block.

Did you treat the outside of the MC? Mine is coated in surface rust and it's not old. Just a thought...

You're going to need a cowl seal soon to keep the excess water off all that handiwork. I have a link when you get ready - like $30. That was least expensive I found, if you need link.

I really want to paint it but that DOT 3 eats paint for breakfast. But thanks for reminding me. I think I will spray it with rust protector.

Thanks, I need that seal. Mine turned to hard plastic and more falls off every time I close the hood.

I was wrong - this one was $44 to my door. Summit also had best price on a whole set of Fairchild weatherstripping.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/FCD-M4057 All the screws line right up. Not a crazy "make it work" deal.

I was wrong - this one was $44 to my door. Summit also had best price on a whole set of Fairchild weatherstripping.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/FCD-M4057 All the screws line right up. Not a crazy "make it work" deal.

Looking good! Excellent job on the master cylinder. And the brake backing plate is good as well.

On the cowl seal, why pay $30 when you can do two for half that? See our page at Documentation/Underhood/Cowl Seal.

On the cowl seal, why pay $30 when you can do two for half that? See our page at Documentation/Underhood/Cowl Seal.

I missed that one completely. Just goes to show there is so much on here.

Just ask, I usually know where the bodies are buried. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I am starting to make progress on the brake dust shield and such. I keep trying different methods and moved away from the drill brushes to the angle grinder brushes. It is faster and more powerful but you have to be more careful to prevent damage to the brake dust shield and to your body. My cheaper Craftsman grinder works good but my DeWalt one shakes less. I use both to save time switching brushes.

My small metal pick up tool was taking too long to clean up every day so I upgraded to a large one that was on sale at Harbor Freight. It works good and saves time and metal splinters.

On the metal splinter clean up. I use the Harbor freight round one like you did , but I wrap a blue paper towel around it and then just throw the towel away. keeps the magnet cleaner.

I'm learning that this is THE place to look for an answer first. Then decide which way to go with a part or repair.

And this very thread should be a pretty good resource for anyone reviving a truck. Jonathan has done a heck of a job on the things he's done so far. I'd be all like "good enough - let's drive!" with no brakes and a plastic fuel jug.

I'm learning that this is THE place to look for an answer first. Then decide which way to go with a part or repair.

And this very thread should be a pretty good resource for anyone reviving a truck. Jonathan has done a heck of a job on the things he's done so far. I'd be all like "good enough - let's drive!" with no brakes and a plastic fuel jug.

We strive to be THE place, but there are others that are good resources as well.

And you are right, this thread is the be-all and end-all on how to do lots of things.

WOW! You got all the cheek pokers! I find myself looking at the backgrounds of your photos to see what kind of cool tools you have. THat's why I have a locking crescent wrench now. Although it didn't work as well as I had hoped for the oil change. worked great on a couple other tasks though.

My beard protects my cheeks but those things poke everywhere else and can be so painful!

I need to do a garage tour video. LOL

On the metal splinter clean up. I use the Harbor freight round one like you did , but I wrap a blue paper towel around it and then just throw the towel away. keeps the magnet cleaner.

Thank for the tip, I only tried plastic bags but gave up because they always ripped. But maybe a heavy duty paper towel will work better.

I like my new one though because it covers more area at a time. It also has a release lever that moves the magnet away and everything will drop in the trash can with just a slight wipe with a towel.