Bullnose Forum

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

Thanks Randy, I am thinking to leave it on thick to add some structural integrity. But I may need to smooth it out a little to prevent interference. I can use my rotary tool.

I think a drum sander on a moto tool would smooth it out nicely.

oh, how unfortunate. although it does look to be in a skirt area and not in a stress or leverage area. that could be a lucky ... sorry. I almost said it. anyway... it looks as if the outside has some sanding or machine marks. any possibility that it has been fixed already? and maybe that slipped the sellers mind?

oh, how unfortunate. although it does look to be in a skirt area and not in a stress or leverage area. that could be a lucky ... sorry. I almost said it. anyway... it looks as if the outside has some sanding or machine marks. any possibility that it has been fixed already? and maybe that slipped the sellers mind?

I don't think it was fixed already. It looks like Ford subcontracted out this part to the lowest bidder. It was a cheap casting job with pot metal. After it came out of the mold it looks like someone takes a few seconds to grind down the rough spots and flashing and tosses it in a bin.