Bullnose Forum

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

After work yesterday I opened the garage door to let out the smell. I removed the bag protecting the upper half. The paint is dry to the touch on the outside. It is looking good in the sunlight.

I measured the hard stop for turning and found a vinyl cap to cushion the stop a little. Not really a needed upgrade but thought it might help prevent rust starting from the impact point when it chips the paint off. I purchased a cap 1mm smaller then the hard stop so it will stay on snug.

PXL_20220502_220251416_2.jpg.373fa41cbd34b4b6d8081d87b2fae172.jpg

Screenshot_20220505-132107.thumb.png.b3af780610cccd6b3561fdeb97c10150.png

PXL_20220505_163741938_2.jpg.83f4e0ef19a6fa6390b1de381678c521.jpg

PXL_20220505_163756552_2.jpg.06031e2d4508380d8aed01898ade5aba.jpg

I measured the hard stop for turning and found a vinyl cap to cushion the stop a little. Not really a needed upgrade but thought it might help prevent rust starting from the impact point when it chips the paint off. I purchased a cap 1mm smaller then the hard stop so it will stay on snug.

its a nice idea but you may want to avoid turning against the stop to avoid cutting it. things change by the time you have the leverage of the wheel in your hands

its a nice idea but you may want to avoid turning against the stop to avoid cutting it. things change by the time you have the leverage of the wheel in your hands

I am hoping it can take a few impacts before breaking. It came with a lot in the bag so I can always just replace it when it breaks. Maybe I will do some hammer tests and see how many hits it can take before tearing.

• 4 weeks later...

I am hoping it can take a few impacts before breaking. It came with a lot in the bag so I can always just replace it when it breaks. Maybe I will do some hammer tests and see how many hits it can take before tearing.

Does anyone know if body parts from a 1986 F-250 would be compatible with my 1981 F-100? Such as the passenger side front fender and front bumper? Also maybe some interior parts?

1142-31507-20959764.jpeg.619cffed088ccf4ca7f5a62d8f1cd345.jpeg

Yes, body & interior parts from 1980 - 86 interchange.

Thanks Gary, I'll try to pull what I can and also modified my search parameter to alert me to the other makes.

Yes, body & interior parts from 1980 - 86 interchange.

Yes, although the Bronco obviously has interior and exterior parts that the pickups don't have. But on the common ones they will interchange.

Thank you, I will expand my search.

Yes, although the Bronco obviously has interior and exterior parts that the pickups don't have. But on the common ones they will interchange.

Thank you, I will expand my search.

I need to replace ever single rubber piece on the doors and windows. They are very hard and brittle and water is leaking in every time it rains. Does this kit from Bronco Graveyard have everything? I also need even the weather strip around the windows that roll up and down also. Everything is brittle and breaking. Also the separate item listing for the sliding rear window seal says it is for 82' and up. My truck is an 81'. They told me the 81' did not have a sliding rear window but mine does. Should it be compatible? The kit with the rear window rubber is backordered right now so not sure if I need to wait for this kit if it won't work anyway.

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/80-86-Ford-Pick-Up-Truck-Super-Weather-Strip-Kit/productinfo/36024/W/SLIDER/

Attached is a picture of my cart right now. I know I can use the garage door seal or similar for the engine compartment Hood Cowl Rubber but I figured the correct part may look and work better. What are your thoughts on this? (36002A)

Also ordering some barrel clips for myself and a friend. My FORD hood lettering is loose also. (28209)

Not sure if the wiper motor retaining clip (25211) works on my 81' but it looks similar. Does anyone know if this will work to attach the motor to the wiper arms? I destroyed mine removing it.

f100.jpg.425b5db164f024a3fca7fb0056ddac96.jpg