Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 Revival (Parked for 12 years)

Jonathan

For me it is many visits to the former British Colony of Hong Kong. It is funny to hear a Chinese/British accent mixed.

I thought as much. I lived in the UK for a couple of years and sometimes use their terminology, but can easily spot it.

Wow, you are really doing a very thorough job. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for English, we enjoy watching Britcoms to keep up with their terminology. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I tapped the rubber bumper to M8 1.25 to match the original screw. The original screw head is a T-40. I am not sure if LMC does this to be more universal or if it was a manufacturing error. I also treated the rubber to make it look better and more shinny.

I started to prep the brake proportioning valve bracket for painting. I mostly used my new Harbor Freight die grinder because I grow tired of the battery powered Milwaukee that stops frequently due to some over current protection if you push too hard.

PXL_20210930_220151292.jpg.b59b2cf2607a6d61d1af413c7c9c1b8a.jpg

PXL_20210930_221640144.jpg.c786ce140074d5861229ef576cdc7935.jpg

PXL_20210930_221646764.jpg.65d6985a2faa05f8013bce2c79d93dac.jpg

PXL_20210930_223528131.jpg.102497f66472b112af87862d4651cbae.jpg

I started to prep the brake proportioning valve bracket for painting. I mostly used my new Harbor Freight die grinder because I grow tired of the battery powered Milwaukee that stops frequently due to some over current protection if you push too hard.

Looks great, but did you shred that wire wheel on that one part? Or is that the result of doing many parts?

And at some point you might consider an air compressor and a media blast cabinet. That combo makes cleaning parts easier and gives a texture to the parts that the paint adheres to nicely.

But it is a slippery slope. Then you'll want a powder coating system so you don't have to paint things. :nabble_smiley_evil:

To make sure the engine would spin free I removed all the spark plugs and filled each cylinder with transmission fluid. The next day I turned it over. Oh boy did it make a mess. I mean transmission fluid on my car, house, in the garage, my motorcycle in the garage, the ground... Just everywhere! Next time I will put a trash bag over the engine when I do that. Attached is a picture of the red fish smell transmission fluid mist coming from the engine bay.

hows the truck going? I love these stories of finding lost trucks and bringing them back to life. ive done 2 and i love it

Looks great, but did you shred that wire wheel on that one part? Or is that the result of doing many parts?

And at some point you might consider an air compressor and a media blast cabinet. That combo makes cleaning parts easier and gives a texture to the parts that the paint adheres to nicely.

But it is a slippery slope. Then you'll want a powder coating system so you don't have to paint things. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I used it on more then one part. But anything with edges wears out the wire wheel much faster when it hits the side of the part. It lasts much longer on flat surfaces.

My plan is to have a blast cabinet and I have been rebuilding an air compressor for a while. I really need to finish that project. Here is a picture of it when I first got it.

DSC_1171.jpg.282b930d83a319d8257b218e2aa4e15e.jpg

hows the truck going? I love these stories of finding lost trucks and bringing them back to life. ive done 2 and i love it

Going slow.

I used it on more then one part. But anything with edges wears out the wire wheel much faster when it hits the side of the part. It lasts much longer on flat surfaces.

My plan is to have a blast cabinet and I have been rebuilding an air compressor for a while. I really need to finish that project. Here is a picture of it when I first got it.

In the immortal words of Crocodile Dundee, that’s a COMPRESSOR! :nabble_smiley_good:

• 1 month later...

In the immortal words of Crocodile Dundee, that’s a COMPRESSOR! :nabble_smiley_good:

Enjoy this, Gary...

I dropped into this discussion for a quick break from Java coding, and didn't come up for air until I'd read the whole thing. Fantastic thread, love the attention to detail. Can't wait to see more!